leaving a hard case in grenoble.

inaperfectworld
inaperfectworld Posts: 219
edited May 2008 in Tour & expedition
i want to take an airnimal preferably in its hard case, on the train to grenoble stay in a hotel the first night and return to the same hotel a week later, after touring round. can anyone recommend a hotel in grenoble which will be happy to keep a case stored for a week. i imagine this is pretty much routine for the hotels there.

Comments

• nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Email a few & ask them?
    so many cols,so little time!
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    It'll depend how good your French is. Remember that in France "Non!" is just a negotiating position and a cue for some serious sucking up.

I stayed in a hotel near the station in Grenoble (on the corner of avenue Alsace-Lorraine). I think it was called the Touring Hotel. They let me leave my bike in the hallway all day while I went out to visit a few old haunts (I used to live there).

If all else fails, there's a left luggage office at the station.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• meenaghman
    meenaghman Posts: 345
    I ended up in the touring hotel last September at the end of a jaunt from Geneva - Grenoble. I caught train back to Geneva the following morning. Its near the train station and the owner put my bike into a room downstairs for me. He was very helpful.. I arrived in on all Ireland Hurling final day and he looked up a few Irish pubs for me where I might be able to see the game. There was also a massive market going on on the day I arrived - Sunday.. and to cap it all Lyon and Marseille were playing soccer later that evening !! It was fine as French hotels go.. and loads better than Bourg d'Oisan room I was in for a couple of days as I did a few cols in vicinity there.
  • cpeachey
    cpeachey Posts: 1,057
    We do this with our Friday folding tandem cases. I try e-mailing a few hotels but often don't get an answer so we just turn up (un-booked) and ask. So far we have not been refused. ( Sardinia x2 Italy x2 Spain Germany Poland)I think the problem e-mailing is that they do not quite understand what is being asked whereas if you are actually there they can see the case and know what you need.
    Chris
  • Did you find a hotel?

Otherwise, send me an email and let me know when you plan to be across. I'm sure we can arrange something.

Cheers, Russell
    www.grenoblecycling.com