patience!

tonyp71
tonyp71 Posts: 52
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
Hello all, new to this site but have found it very informative whilst looking to buy first road bike. Don't worry, I'm not going to start a new bike thread on what bike to get!
Having done some research and read too many threads on which bike to get, I finally decided on an Orbea Gavia from my LBS and ordered it last week. They said it should be here within the week (today) but now, alas, it isn't going to be in the country until the 8th May at the earliest and may not be at my LBS until the 11th. I know patience is a virtue and all that but when you get all excited about your new bike, its really deflating to find out you can't get your paws on it for nearly another fortnight.
Is this normal with Orbea, anyone else have experience?
Cheers.

Comments

• Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    Yep - I had to wait months for my Vitesse and that was about 4 years ago. On the plus side it is still going strong and looking great after all these years.
    Brian B.
  • gpw
    gpw Posts: 42
    Hi, I had to wait over6 weeks for my Marmolada from my LBS but defo worh the wait..love it!!!!
    Don\'t wait for your ship to come in... Swim out to it.
  • tonyp71
    thanks guys, 3 weeks seems ok then compared to your waiting times!
    Just have to plod on with the trusty old hybrid til then. Just wanted to get a few miles under my belt on the new steed before the manchester to blackpool in July. 2nd time for that ride and looking forward to it.... :o
  • DavidTQ
    DavidTQ Posts: 943
    tonyp71 wrote:
    thanks guys, 3 weeks seems ok then compared to your waiting times!
    Just have to plod on with the trusty old hybrid til then. Just wanted to get a few miles under my belt on the new steed before the manchester to blackpool in July. 2nd time for that ride and looking forward to it.... :o

I get so used to "next day" delivery on things that 5 days seems unreasonable to me these days....
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    Even worse if it arrives and it starts lashing down and you don't want to get your lovely new bike dirty - exactly what happened to me last night. Started raining just as I got the pedals attached and still going this morning.

Please be dry tonight, I really don't want to get it dirty - yet :lol:
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike
  • tonyp71
    To be honest I'm really not mithered what the weathers doing when I get chance to get out on it, with our "changeable" climate you're gonna get soaked sooner rather than later anyway.
    Hope its dry for you tonight anyway!!
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    I did get out and changed down at the first set of traffic lights and didn't realise the chain had dropped off the bottom cog and had the classic clipped in fall :oops: . A couple of scratches on the brake lever and a couple of adjustments to make before I use it in anger!
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike