getting seat further back

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
edited May 2008 in Road beginners
is there anyway i can get my seat back further is there a seat stem which goes back further mines fully back at moment and needs to go further as my knees are too far over the pedal spindal

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Get a seatpost with layback to move your seat further to the rear.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=22887

This is the one I have, it has layback/setback of 25mm, (I think if you look around the max layback you'll probably find is about 30mm)
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • andy610
    how can i find out the stepback on my trek pilot 1.0 bontrager carbon seatpost
  • andy610
    or could i get a different bontrager seat with longer seat rails
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    andy610 wrote:
    how can i find out the stepback on my trek pilot 1.0 bontrager carbon seatpost

Check Trek's website for setback info or the shop you bought it from should know.
    Easton makes seatpost with about a 40 mm setback. That's about as much as I have seen. Your bike must have a fairly steep seat tube????

Dennis Noward
  • Furry
    Furry Posts: 12
    Check your saddle height. It's probably too low. It seems very unlikely that you should need a seat post with more setback on that bike. Raising your saddle moves balance to the back and thus less setback is needed.

Cheers.
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    How far back from the axle centre is the saddle nose (using a plumb line)? Should be able to achieve c. 5-10 cm norm with a standard post if saddle at right height?
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Furry wrote:
    Check your saddle height. It's probably too low. It seems very unlikely that you should need a seat post with more setback on that bike. Raising your saddle moves balance to the back and thus less setback is needed.

Cheers.

This is a good one. I do see a lot of people out and about that could use a little
    raising of the saddle.

Dennis Noward
  • andy610
    i need to move the saddle back more because when i did the plumbob on the small bone under the knee it was too far in front of the peddle axle, trouble is i keep moving forward to reach the bars so i guess i will now have to reverse the handlebar stem