Long Tights for Long Legs - Any Advice?

Gav2000
Gav2000 Posts: 408
edited May 2008 in Road beginners
I'm looking for some long tights but have a problem in that my legs are quite long. I need some tights for a 34" waist and 35" inside leg, have any other tall people found any makes that are longer than normal or available in a longer length?

Thanks for any leads,

Gavin.
Gav2000

Like a streak of lightnin' flashin' cross the sky,
Like the swiftest arrow whizzin' from a bow,
Like a mighty cannonball he seems to fly.
You'll hear about him ever'where you go.

Comments

• I have exactly the opposite problem. Im fairly short, 5'6'', and things like tights normally come in S M L and so forth. I find that M fits the waist but is sometimes too long in the leg, and if an S fits in the leg, the waist / crotch area is too small. Sometimes the S is even to short in the leg (and cant do the zips up). So its like i could do with a non existent size in between.

A namely example was a pair of Nike tights I bought off a discount rack, they were an M, I didnt try them on at the shop just took them home and soon discovered the leg was at least 4 inches too long, and id have to fold the bottoms over which both felt and looked stupid. Last week I visit the same shop again and found some reasonably discounted bib longs on the same discount rack. I grabbed a small and a medium and tried them on, expecting the medium to be too long again and having to go for the small. Just so happens the mediums fit perfectly, albeit my legs could do with being an inch longer, and the straps on the small were like cheese wire, and were excruciatingly too tight.

Rob
  • jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    One possibility is using legwarmers and normal shorts. It's a compromise but it's worked for me (with the same waist&leg measurement). Oh, and I've got a pair of Decathlon tights that are *nearly* long enough!
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    I am 34/36 and have found Nike and Pearl Isumi bib tights to both be good fits lengthwise.
  • Gav2000
    Gussio wrote:
    I am 34/36 and have found Nike and Pearl Isumi bib tights to both be good fits lengthwise.

Thanks, there seem to be Nike items reduced at a few places at the moment so I might try a pair.

Gav.
    Gav2000

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Gussio wrote:

I use the Pearl Isumi ones and they're great (I'm 6'5) plus evans nearly always have them massively reduced before winter
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • spivvy
    spivvy Posts: 51
    Buy German - they always seem to be bigger.
  • hodsgod
    hodsgod Posts: 226
    I use running tights from Decathlon, they have different thicknesses for the different seasons. I just wear a pair of cycling shorts underneath.

I also have 35" inside leg.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/deefuz-10 ... -40199761/
  • Andy140
    Andy140 Posts: 130
    [I'm looking for some long tights but have a problem in that my legs are quite long. I need some tights for a 34" waist and 35" inside leg, have any other tall people found any makes that are longer than normal or available in a longer length?
    quote]
    Gav2000 - I have 35'' inside leg so know the problems only too well. I managed to get some Gore Bikeware tights from Wiggle last year in sale, size XL and the fit is just fine (although 36'' waist)
    [/quote]
  • rich r
    rich r Posts: 25
    I bought the dhb earnley bib tights from wiggle in medium. Normally I take a 33" inside leg in trousers, and these tights are too long for me, so should fit you fine.
  • Gav2000
    Thanks for the responses, there seem to be a few makes who cater for longer legs so it doesn't look to be as problematic as I thought.
    Gav2000

• C1234
    C1234 Posts: 26
    I'm 33/36" and settled for some of those dhb legwarmers in large from wiggle - best thing I brought all year!

I'm having a similar problem for my tops though. Got arms like an ape. If anyone can recommend very long sleeved tops it would be great,.

I would buy some of the arm warmers to match, but I'm not sure on the sizing. I'm not sure my lanky arms would fill the large? anyone got any experience with these?