Wiggle Cycle scheme

tagmnbagm
tagmnbagm Posts: 111
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
Hi all,

My company have just launched a cycle to work scheme, and have signed up with 'cyclescheme'. Do any of you know if The Wiggle cycle scheme is one and the same? or an independently run scheme of their own? :?

Thanks.
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift. That is why it is known as the present.

Comments

• doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Wiggle run their own scheme and do not partner with any other cycle to work provider. Planet X are however CycleScheme partners.
  • I know ribble are on that 'cyclesheme'. I'm currently trying to peruade my employers to sign up to it!
  • tagmnbagm wrote:
    Hi all, My company have just launched a cycle to work scheme, and have signed up with 'cyclescheme'. Do any of you know if The Wiggle cycle scheme is one and the same? or an independently run scheme of their own.
    Cycle Scheme (find a shop) are effectively a middle man who do the majority of the paperwork on behalf of your employer, as such if you want to buy a bike not supplied by any of the retailers linked to above then you can always ask your employer if they would make an exception with you and do the paperwork, this Cycle to Work Scheme implementation guidance may help.

Strictly speaking you do not have to use www.cyclescheme.co.uk just because that is who your employer uses for administration purposes, although they may take some pursuading of course.

Paul_Smith
    www.bikeplus.co.uk
  • tagmnbagm
    thanks for your help guys, 8)

I have already applied for a quote from planet X, this will be my first road bike (Mountain bikes up to now) What are your opinions on the Dolan Mythos? :?
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift. That is why it is known as the present.
  • Giant SCR 4.0 with boring mudguards & pannier rack for daily (short) commute.
  • tagmnbagm
    Well, after some thought, I went to fred Williams today and ordered a Dolan Mythos with full Ultegra group set, and all for £1150! I'm chuffed, thoughts welcome!

:lol: