Slipstream / High Road chaps from Georgia

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2008 in Pro race
Are Trent Lowe and Sivtsov from their respective teams really the guys we should be watching?

Trent did ok in Paris-Nice for a while and if you can hang with Levi on a steep climb you're obviously fairly talented.

I was expecting Tommy D to be Slipstreams main man but obviously not. Know not much at all about Sivtsov either.

I know TdG isn't a mega important race but Astana were motivated so it can't have been easy.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Siutsou had a good Tour de France, 32nd overall and 5th in the young riders classification and did it the hard way, racing and attacking a lot, rather than following wheels and being protected. Given the relative lack of opposition in Georgia, his win isn't unexpected.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Siutsou was under 23 world champion in 2004. I saw him win it in Verona and he was riding a C40 in the same colour scheme as mine.

He turned pro with, if memory serves, Fassa Bortolo in 2005. He was at Barloworld last season and finished 32nd in the Tour so obviously has talent.

The one thought I had when looking at the results in Georgia was the relative weakness of the field. I'm very surprised Leipheimer didn't win given he didn't have too many decent riders to beat.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    andyp wrote:

The one thought I had when looking at the results in Georgia was the relative weakness of the field. I'm very surprised Leipheimer didn't win given he didn't have too many decent riders to beat.

I'd put that down to no ITT. He would've trounced them against the clock.

Not so sure TdG will last much longer.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    http://tinyurl.com/464ssa

Levi has obviously been getting tips from Tom Danielson's stylist. It's not a good look on anyone out of their teens (except, strangely, Michael Stipe).
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    I thought the tv (I saw it via cycling.tv) race coverage of the mountain finish was awful. They didn't seem to realise that he had taken the jersey and as soon as he crossed the line you didn't see what happened behind. Good result for him and the team though.