Turkey

dhutch
dhutch Posts: 343
edited April 2008 in MTB general
For better or worse it seams that our extended family might be taking a weeks holiday in turkey. And so im looking at what options there are for biking in turkey. Both places to ride and somewhere to hire as we will proberbly all be flying.

We hava a week together most years, although so far always in the country, and biking has always been a key feature. Northface trail, Cwncarn, Llandegla. that sort of thing.

But i dont even know where to start looking for places in turkey and google is coming up with nothing!
- I'll find out where it is that we might be staying tonight!

Daniel

Comments

• wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    Cappadocia would be amazing on mtb. I hired a motorbike while over there but wished I had a mtb because I saw so many ridges I'd want to ride.

It's the middle of nowhere though, so any injury would be potentially serious.
  • dhutch
    dhutch Posts: 343
    Yeah. I was just wondering if anyone had done a MTB holiday there or anything.
    - Are there any set routes or websites of places to ride? Im worried about where i might hire a decent spec bike as well. Doesnt have to be mega swish, but just a solid hardtail. But not a 'trail bike' with rigid forks and c700's or whatever!!

I beleave the place we would be staying in if we went would be Kusadasi.

Daniel
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    I agree with Wordnumb, Cappadocia is a great place for mountain biking.
    There is a show on Travelchannel it's called Extreme travelers. On one episode a groop of bikers went there and they spend the time great.
    It has a uniqe landscape.

I think they still show that episode.(I've wached over 10 times)