Cycling in Brittany - any recommendations, hotels, areas?

pa7206
pa7206 Posts: 21
edited May 2008 in Tour & expedition
Im due to spend a week in the summer in Brittany, does anyone have any recommendations for areas ?

Also, any hotels, guest houses that people would recommend ?

Comments

• pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    hello PA. I asked the same question a few weeks back and got the same response.

Looks like you and I will be the first cyclists ever to explore Brittany. How about we bid to share a double page in an Autumn issue of Cplus?

At the moment, I am heading for something called Les Montagnes Noires in the interior of this unexplored territory. It looks quite interesting for a day ride.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• GeorgeShaw
    GeorgeShaw Posts: 764
    We stayed at Logis de France hotels, nice, family-run, and good regional food. I can particularly recommend the one in the Hede. It does the most excellent, but cheap, food (it's a Bottin Gourmand), and it's run by an Irish/French couple so no language problems.
  • pa7206
    pa7206 Posts: 21
    Have found some useful info on crazyguyonabike website, general tips about cycling in france, but nothing specific for Brittany. Thought may be useful for anyone else:

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/page ... 47964&v=3Q
  • mogrigg
    mogrigg Posts: 73
    I cycled Roscoff to Concarneau (think that's how it's spelt) via Quamper, and half way back again when I was 15 (15+ years ago). We went with a company called Triscall Tours, who no longer exist.

However, whilst I can't remember the exact names/places of where we stayed, I do highly recommend that you try Gites in Brittany. These were the best places we stayed. The owners cooked for us (some of the best food I've ever tasted) and they generally had dinner with us and enjoyed our company.

I do remember we stayed at the YHA in Concarneau - not good!!!

Have a great time.