Dr Ferrari on LBL

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited April 2008 in Pro race
http://www.53x12.com/do/show?page=indepth.view&id=94

Some pretty impressive outputs there. I'd be interested to get an estimate of what Bettini was chucking out when he attacked.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    iainf72 wrote:

Some pretty impressive outputs there. I'd be interested to get an estimate of what Bettini was chucking out when he attacked.

Two Power bars, three jam sandwiches and a partially digested banana?
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,114
    LangerDan wrote:
    You neglected to mention his copy of the Race Winning Tactics manual.

If someone could explain Bettini's tactics yesterday I'd be grateful.
  • LangerDan
    Like a psychopath in cellar, this is just a wild stab in the dark but his attack started like a lot of his ones do - massive burst of speed in the last 1/3 of a climb - but I think his busted rubs got the better of him. Having cracked mine in a mountain bike crash last year it is bloddy sore when you have to breathe deeply. The lack of race fitness over the past month won't have helpoed either.
  • Mar ge
    Mar ge Posts: 88
    andyp wrote:
    LangerDan wrote:
    You neglected to mention his copy of the Race Winning Tactics manual.

If someone could explain Bettini's tactics yesterday I'd be grateful.

Aha - I wondered what had happened to the Tactics Manual of Gilbert.....
    If the Bettini move was optimisitc what the hell was Gilbert doing? crazy crazy crazy.
  • Based on everything Gilbert said in the press last week, he was pretty tired and knew he couldn't win. I think he just fancied riding up La Redoute alone in front of his fan club....

Will be interesting to see where Gilbert ends up next season. Four horse race at the moment: FDJ, Silence-Lotto, Rabobank and High Road.

Daniel Friebe
    Features Editor
    Procycling
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Will be interesting to see where Gilbert ends up next season. Four horse race at the moment: FDJ, Silence-Lotto, Rabobank and High Road.

Are High Road likely to still be around/have found a sponsor for next year?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

Would he actually consider going to 2 of those teams?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Will be interesting to see where Gilbert ends up next season. Four horse race at the moment: FDJ, Silence-Lotto, Rabobank and High Road.

He will stay. Only Casar, Gregorio and Chavanel will take any money from Madiot.

So there is alot of money for Gilbert.

He does not trust Rabobank because of their program, he will be hesitant to go to HR. And Stapelton will need to pay more money to Kirchen and Cav, so there budget will be stretched. They only have 75% for the 3 years.

Wonder what D'Hont brought FDJ at the Tour last year? Gilbert still has confidence in the team.

Not a bad squad tho, Vaugrenard looks a keeper, Delage looks like a star only 22, the team is full of young talent even without Lovqvist and Mcgee. Di Gregorio could be a podium Tour rider if the sport cleans up.
  • Will be interesting to see where Gilbert ends up next season. Four horse race at the moment: FDJ, Silence-Lotto, Rabobank and High Road.

Are High Road likely to still be around/have found a sponsor for next year?

Stapelton does not want a sponsor until 2010.

He got about 75% for the 3 years.

If he gets a sponsor in the second year, he will look to earn a mint. And TMobile would not be happy. They have a few media holdings, so they would seek to put the attack dogs out on HighRoad's new sponsor team, which would not be good for them.

Better still to just find a firm which wishes to sponsor cycling, and close them in the third year. No rush.
  • iainf72 wrote:

Would he actually consider going to 2 of those teams?

I dont think he would want to ride for Sergent and Coucke at Lotto. They are a bunch of pricks.
  • Seriously forearms, what do you really think of lotto.
    Dan
  • I've heard that Dirk De Wolf, Gilbert's DS from his amateur days, is desperately trying to persuade his chums at Silence-Lotto to sign Gilbert. There's a catch, though: De Wolf wants a DS job on the team and thinks Gilbert signing is his best hope.

Madiot definitely wants Gilbert to stay (he said last week it'd be "a catastrophe" if he left), but he won't be held to ransom. He wouldn't pay a million euros, put it that way.

Dunno about Rabobank and High Road, but will endeavour to find out.

Daniel Friebe
    Features Editor
    Procycling
  • LangerDan
    That would explain Gilbert's pointless attack on Sunday. Why waste all that time end effort winning races when you can head off up the road on a fool's errand, have your French sponsor fawn over your spontaniety and pay you a wad of cash. Worked for Chavanel.
  • Seriously forearms, what do you really think of lotto.

I like the team, indifferent on Hoste, just dislike the management.
  • I've heard that Dirk De Wolf, Gilbert's DS from his amateur days, is desperately trying to persuade his chums at Silence-Lotto to sign Gilbert. There's a catch, though: De Wolf wants a DS job on the team and thinks Gilbert signing is his best hope.

Madiot definitely wants Gilbert to stay (he said last week it'd be "a catastrophe" if he left), but he won't be held to ransom. He wouldn't pay a million euros, put it that way.

Dunno about Rabobank and High Road, but will endeavour to find out.

Daniel Friebe
    Features Editor
    Procycling
    you sure he wont pay a million?

I heard Mcgee was on near a million Euro after his Giro effort in 04. Rolling 2 year contract was verrrrrry generous.