bontrager carbon seatpost

andy610
andy610 Posts: 602
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
anyone know the size my bontrager carbon stem is as im replacing it with an alloy one and need to know which one to order, i dont know how long it is as its stuck in my frame and i need another one before i saw it out with a hacksaw blade. ill never use a carbon seatpost again not much difference in weight with an alloy one and at least you can oil them

Comments

• feel
    feel Posts: 800
    I take it trying to expand the tube with heat didn't work :(

What bike is it?

Most bike shops will have a special sizing tool to check the diameter if there is one close by.

Next time when you have got the seat post height sorted wrap some insulating tape round the post where it enters the tube so you know the height then every few weeks you can quickly release it, wiggle it about and set it to exactly the same position. Sorry to be wise after the event.
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    just checked and my Lemond has a bontrager seatpost and it is 27.2 mm in diameter but they probs do a range of sizes depending on the bike.
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    my trek pilot 1.2 had a bontrager carbon seatpost on it - it was 27.2mm too
  • Campy King
    Campy King Posts: 201
    Don't saw it out. Pour a can of coke around and down where it enters the frame (seriously!) it will free it up and you will be able to pull it out, this works on carbon frame bikes.