3/4s

saif
saif Posts: 100
edited May 2008 in Road beginners
Have been considering buying a 3/4 length tights which should see me through morning chill and also should be good for mild winter/spring/autumn weathers.

Any advise which are good ones and where to buy from ? I would want to get that asap ..and happy to buy quality stuff with real good padding. I'm 34 at waist and 30 inside leg..

Comments

• APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    The Assos ones are good, but pricey. All depends on your budget?
    Ribbles prices are generally pretty good. I've just ordered some new shorts from them.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    I'd suggest knee warmers instead - you can take thess off when the day warms up, but 3/4's you are stuck with the whole day
  • morrisje
    morrisje Posts: 507
    I've got a pair of Endura 3/4's. Very useful for about 3 weeks of the year. They are made of quite thick material so can get too hot easly and don't keep you as warm as long tights in the really cold weather.
    At this time of the year knee warmers are the best thing to buy.
  • BUICK
    BUICK Posts: 362
    If you look at magazine articles and the ratings that are given, generally Wiggle's own DHB 3/4's score very highly. I've got the Merston 3/4's and find them to be very good - but haven't owned other makes so have nothing to compare it with. All I can say is that I don't really notice them when I'm riding and that I really like the way they fit around the knees. Comfortable and neutral would be my concise description
    '07 Langster (dropped one tooth from standard gearing)
    '07 Tricross Sport with rack and guards
    STUNNING custom 953 Bob Jackson *sigh*
  • comsense
    comsense Posts: 245
    http://keilo.notlong.com

+ 1 for buick's reccomendatiom

I got these a year ago. Great comfort ( over 4 hours worth anyway) & quality at a fair price.
  • I've got the Gore Bikewear ones and like them a lot. They're made of thin rather than thick lycra so you don't get too hot in them. I think the recent C+ review actually marked them down for this, but getting cold legs has never seemed to be a particular problem for me when I'm on the bike at pretty much any time of year....
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I'm finding my dhb ones better than my supposedly better Descent ones.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • fizz
    fizz Posts: 483
    Another vote for the DHB ones, I've just got a pair and I wished I'd got them ages ago. Really comfy.
  • heavymental
    heavymental Posts: 2,079
    My Endura 3/4's are nice and as I don't have any full length tights I wear them when its too cold for my shorts. I don't find them too hot when it get warm personally. Although I suppose I might have been better off buying some full length tights along with some kneewarmers to use with my shorts as in the winter I'll wear a pair of fleece tights over the top of my 3/4's.
  • McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Knee warmers for me as well. I had a problem with the Endura 3/4 length shorts when doing last year's Manchester 100, basically the material bunched up behind my right knee and rubbed the skin off - very annoying by about mile 90.

Going to get myself some Solo knee warmers in case my DeFeet ones get knackered.

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    decathlon, always. they have thin and thick 3/4s. i wear my thin 3/4 bibs nearly all year round.
  • guv001
    guv001 Posts: 688
    I also would recommend the DHB 3/4 tights from Wiggle..
  • saif
    saif Posts: 100
    thanks for all the suggestions here .. have finally settled down with a pair of santini knee and arm warmers.. can't wait to try them out tomorrow..