GOOD MANNERS COST NOTHING!

radders89
radders89 Posts: 35
edited April 2008 in Campaign
(POSTED BY THE GIRLFRIEND OF RADDERS89)

For the last 12 months I have been cycling 14miles each way to work from Walton on Thames to Putney. I am now on nodding terms with a great many cyclists..or should I say people on hybrid or mountain bikes. Having got the cycling bug and encouraged by my boyfriend I recently treated myself to a road bike.

I had read in cycling magazines (in particular cycling weekly) how some road cyclists could be arrogant and rude but I have to admit I didn't think it could be that bad until today when we headed out to Boxhll. Importantly I feel I should say that nearly every lone cyclists nodded or said good morning but on our way in to Cobham we were passed by a group of about 10 to 12 riders who cruised passed us without a word from all but the last rider! I dont expect everyone to say hello but it would be nice to get the odd one or maybe a nod or smile rather than completely blanking us!

Sadly, this was the case with most groups of riders we encountered during the ride.

Im sure the manners of these people would improve should they ever be stranded in the middle of nowhere with a puncture and no spare tube to hand.....assuming they could find it in themselves to ask for my help.... :roll: Jules

Comments