Another noob!

hubert_cumberdale
hubert_cumberdale Posts: 11
edited May 2008 in MTB beginners
Jagshemash,

Hello fellow MTBers, Just thought i'd say hi & introduce myself. The names Gaz & I currently reside in the garden of England.
Treated myself to a GT Avalache 1.0 a couple of months ago, which seems like a cracking little bike to me.
I mentioned to one of the guys at work that I recently got a mountain bike & it turns out he & a bunch of mates go out every Sunday so I've been tagging along with them for a few weeks & really enjoying it, already looking at another bike :roll: maybe a Specialized FSR XC.
Not sure if there's a virtual bar on this forum but if there is, the drinks are on me, so wot you having? :D

Gaz

You are what you eat ... I'm a tw*t

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    welcome, nice bike and good choice of future bike too, mines a strongbow please
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Ah, the habit has bit! Won't be enough money for drinks ;-)
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Where abouts in Kent are you from then?
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Well now you're getting into riding there are a few techincal things you should know. Perhaps the most important is the following formula
      Ideal number of bikes = N + 1 where N is your current number of bikes
    But I'm guessing from your post you may have already worked it out :lol: Welcome to the ever growing fraternity (and mine's a Bud seeing as you so graciously offered, cheers).
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • Cheers, I like the GT but think it may be a little large, there's only about an inch between my family jewels & the top tube, lol. I didn't get to try one before I purchased it :roll: but you live & learn.
    After reading the reviews on the FSR XC I'm not sure whether to go for the expert & upgrade the the shock or whether just to go for the pro version which seems to come with a decent shock (Fox Triad II) but my LBS sell them so I think i'll pick their brains when the time comes.
    Papa Smurf - I live in Rochester, I saw the XC routes in Kent thread earlier today, I was gonna ask to tag along one weekend? I've done some of that Bluebell hill route but went up to Bredhust, so far I've been to Bedgebury & Shorne.
    stumpyjon - Thanks for the equation, I can use that to expalin why I'm gonna have to ween the missus off of new handbags & shoes every month :lol:

Gaz

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I'll take a pint of old peculier please and welcome
  • lexiekay
    lexiekay Posts: 379
    hello, welcome to the forum, and i'd love a pint of crop circle please :D
  • Thewaylander
    lexie you drink real beer?
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Hello and welcome :D

Can't be doing with any of this beer stuff - so mine's a G&T please 8)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • lexiekay
    lexiekay Posts: 379
    yes i love beer... :lol:
    i suppose thats not very "girlie" but who cares!
  • Thewaylander
    nope its awsome makes it easier to remember the round!

class, rest can carry on the thread now :P
  • Mmmm beeeer. You can't beat a nice pint of real ale on a summers afternoon in the English countryside. :lol:

• hahahahha, i like your style, sir. all we need now is a jeremy fisher!

if your'e in kent that means you might be thinkin bout Thetford at some point... give us a shout if you do and I'll tag along, i'm in norfolk/suffolk

p.s, mine#'s a guinness
    Train hard, ride easy
  • MSB - yeah, & a salad fingers & uncle kenneth (back from the great war) & have some beef stroganoff, lol :lol:

Yeah, Thetford has been mentioned as a good place to go by some of the guys I've been riding withe, hope to go there within the next couple of weeks/months. But I'll give you a shout when we're going. Have you been there before?

Gaz