Cantilever Brakes

Matlock4068
Matlock4068 Posts: 14
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
I have just bought a second hand bike on ebay, which is fine, except that when I re-assembled it the cable anchor for the front caontilever brake was missing. Do bike shops still stock these? Is there anywhere on the web I can buy one without having to buy a whole new front brake? I even had a look at the local dump to see if any old bikes had one I could use, but there were none.

Comments

• Phekdra
    Phekdra Posts: 137
    I have just bought a second hand bike on ebay, which is fine, except that when I re-assembled it the cable anchor for the front caontilever brake was missing. Do bike shops still stock these? Is there anywhere on the web I can buy one without having to buy a whole new front brake? I even had a look at the local dump to see if any old bikes had one I could use, but there were none.

I recently fitted a pair of cantilever brakes to my cyclocross bike to replace its mini-Vs and I've found that Zepnat have most of the bits and pieces I need:

http://www.zepnat.com

They also have an Ebay shop that appears to have a wider selection than their web page.

Phekdra
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    If your name has anything to do with your location then I think a visit to Stanley Fearns in Matlock would be your best bet. It's an excellent shop with very knowledgeable and experienced staff.

Geoff (just a happy customer btw)
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    "Stanley Fearns in Matlock"

If you go there, say "hi" to Richard T for me! But don't offer to race him round the Peak District on a fixed!!
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."