Amazing

FSR_XC
FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
edited April 2008 in The bottom bracket
I am amazed by the hype over Aldi selling cycling gear.

I'm sure there will some reaction to this, but here goes.

Reading a fair bit of the forums (both road & mtb) the majority of posters go on about things like saving weight, buying the best, quality costs money, use LBS etc etc.

When it comes to recommending clothing the comments always sterr towards buying established, well known brands and normally not buying cheap.

Now Aldi advertise they are selling gear and there are getting on for half a dozen threads on BR about it.

So what is it about Aldi cycling gear?

I didn't notice as much hype when Lidl sold cycling stuff earlier in the year.

Maybe lots of Aldi employees post on here????

I would just like to add that I think it is great value, I bought some last year & will be doing so again.

BUT WHY SUCH HYPE?
Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    We all like good stuff - I've got plenty of bits of Assos stuff - but I can't really afford multiple sets of it for commuting etc - the Aldi stuff does a perfect job for my commute.

Hopefully going to get a couple of Gilets this time around.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    We all like good stuff - I've got plenty of bits of Assos stuff - but I can't really afford multiple sets of it for commuting etc - the Aldi stuff does a perfect job for my commute.

Hopefully going to get a couple of Gilets this time around.
    I've got a couple of Aldi gilets and they are very good value for money. Unfortunately, I also got what I paid for... :wink: ! 3 of the 4 zips have broken over the course of a year. The gilets are still usable because I can open and close the main zips without the tabs but it's fiddly. I don't stow anything in the rear pockets any more because I can't zip them up.

I have a pair of SPD shoes from Aldi and they are okay and again, very good value. They don't look quite as nice as more expensive shoes, but they are comfortable and do the job.