what's happened to so you think essex is flat?

sonicred007
sonicred007 Posts: 1,091
Can't any reference to it anywhere?

is it happening in 2008?

Comments

• nicksun
    nicksun Posts: 290
    I emailed Kilotogo a few weeks ago and unfortunately it is not being run this year.

Nicksun.
  • sonicred007
    That's a shame. Is there a sportive in an around London that I can sign up for. As much as I love to the Epic or the Dragons Ride etc, having no car severely precludes me or increases my costs excessively - nevermind the overnight accommodation to be there for the start.

I'm very much a beginner, post road accident, doing up to 40 mile run outs at the moments - so don't want to out in the wilds somewhere, out of my depth to start with

Any choice rides not far from the M25, preferably on the east side

I'm in Leyton
  • Toks
    Toks Posts: 1,143
    Join a club dude. Then you can go and do nice mini sportivs every saturday/sunday.
    www.addiscombe.org/members/phpBB2/index.php
  • sonicred007
    Have thought about joining a club ... I guess I'm unsure about fitting in with a CC

Odd comment given the amount of comments I've made in here and C+ beforehand

It's not an anti-social thing, more a don't want to let people down, a weekly commitment on a fixed time always seems difficult

Just got a lot on at the moment - studying and working throughout the weekend as well as the week

But will look to local clubs to see what the options are

Best
  • Toks
    Have thought about joining a club ... I guess I'm unsure about fitting in with a CC

Odd comment given the amount of comments I've made in here and C+ beforehand

It's not an anti-social thing, more a don't want to let people down, a weekly commitment on a fixed time always seems difficult

Just got a lot on at the moment - studying and working throughout the weekend as well as the week

But will look to local clubs to see what the options are

Best
    Nonsense!!! you come out and ride whenever you can. I only get on a club run once every 6/7 weeks there' no problem. The club is split into groups ranging from 15mph's, 17s, 19,s to racing group. You'll learn loads and have the most fun with cool people while getting fitter. :D
  • sonicred007
    That's encouraging... like I said I'm new to this part of cycling and completely unaware of the etiquette

Will look locally for opportunities
  • Toks
    That's encouraging... like I said I'm new to this part of cycling and completely unaware of the etiquette

Will look locally for opportunities
    Yeah I'm talking about Addiscombe CC of course :D
  • sonicred007
    Thank you for the warm welcome, but Croydon is a little far for an early morning start at the weekend.

I've found Lea Valley CC and that is on my doorstep
  • Mucco
    Mucco Posts: 9
    Does anyone have the route from last year? I still believe Essex is flat.

M
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    The route is still on the site if you know where to look:

http://www.kilotogo.com/soyroute.htm

The Google search I did to find it was:

essex is flat site:kilotogo.com
  • Mucco
    Mucco Posts: 9
    Thanks Pirahna,

I did look myself, but I'm obviously not a google aficionado.
    I might give some of the route a bash this weekend!

M
  • Pirahna
    Pirahna Posts: 1,315
    Mucco wrote:
    Thanks Pirahna,

I did look myself, but I'm obviously not a google aficionado.
    I might give some of the route a bash this weekend!

M

If you're in the North Essex area come for a spin out with Bishops Stortford cycling club. It's like a sportiv every Sunday. 9am in the market square.