Rasmussen: Soon I will ride again

Doobz
Doobz Posts: 2,800
edited April 2008 in Pro race
Rasmussen: Soon I will ride again
9 months has gone since Michael Rasmussen was kicked out of Tour de France. Since then, UCI has announced a disciplinary case against the Danish rider, but the case has yet to begin.

“I still wait for a date for the hearing”, tells Michael Rasmussen.

“I said back in January that it was frustrating to wait so long for the case to begin, and its no secret that the frustration hasn’t lessened since then.”

The Danish rider hasn’t given up though, and is still convinced he has a future in cycling.

“I’ve always said that I believe I will ride again, and that faith hasn’t changed at all” says Michael Rasmussen, and continues:

“I keep training. Obviously I don’t train as I would’ve done, if I had had to ride Giro d’Italia in two weeks, but I probably ride 70 percent of what I normally would’ve done.”

Quoted from his homepage http://www.feltet.dk/michaelrasmussen/index.php

I cant wait to see this guy ride again no matter what all the "haters" say.
cartoon.jpg

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    To quote Hamlet, something is rotten in the state of Denmark...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    If Vino can be going back to Astana and Basso is riding then why shouldn't the Chicken come back and race? He was the rider that made the 2007 Tour exciting, not Contador.
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    I'd like to see him riding again but even if they cleared him ASO will never let him in the TDF again.
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    i enjoyed watching contador bouncing of his front wheel
  • mathi
    mathi Posts: 110
    The sooner he is back the better 8)