Cann woods, Plymouth - CLOSURE

ukmbrider
ukmbrider Posts: 15
edited May 2008 in Routes
"Hi everyone.
well the title lies, but it may become reality extremely soon. you may or may not know about cann woods. if you do, please read on, and if you don't, you may want to read just so you can see what rubbish can do to your trails.

I have been the contact for the FC for the riding area in cann woods for a few years. after working with them we managed to get them to only thin the area rather than completely fell the riding area. good news as it gives us another 5 years of riding at a minimum.

however, a big big FC boss came down to cann woods during last week and noticed the obscene amounts of litter around. he threatened to close the place instantly and fell any remaining trees, thus disabling us from using the site for good. there would be many angry riders if this happened, but its perfectly in his rights and to be honest, if it was me i probably would have made that call.

we need to clamp down on this litter problem immediately!

i recognise it isn't any of the main group of about 40 riders, and so do the FC, its the younger riders who are just learning and have been brought up in the manner that littering is OK. i think we all know the type of person i mean...

i have had several words with people on this issue, but still nothing seems to happen. they take their rubbish home and ditch it out of sight, then leave it again next week anyway...

help stop the littering by having a firm word with anyone you see littering. obviously use your common sense, if there are 20 kids and only you, it may be best to leave it. safety first.

if this problem isn't sorted instantly (next couple of days) cann woods will be closed to riders. we have the summer months to prove we can look after the place. lets sort this problem out once and for all and keep the place open.

Thanks for your time.

Wassell "

Seriously guys get your acts together

Comments

• Cann woods is a great place to ride, It's a sad day when a few idiots get it closed for leaving litter.
    But would the FC close a 'walkers / hikers / ramblers' area if they droppe dlitter though ?