Floppy brake lever on tecktro auriga comp.

grazo22
grazo22 Posts: 50
edited April 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi
A few days ago my friends brake lever popped out and is really floppy. The brakes are Tektro Auriga Comp hydraulic. There is a small ball joint with a circlip on and when you look into where the ball should fit there is a small bit where the ball does dif in to. Should the circlip be around the piston and do i need to take the piston out to re-attach the brake lever. This has to involve bleeding. I can do this it's just a bit of a pain in the bum hole. Any photos or anything would be great. Thanks in advance on how to re-attach this stupid lever! 2440558525_7eaa03780f_o.gif
I wish I could afford the hope factory :(

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    lever off. disconect the ball jointed push rod. push the push rod onto the piston untill you can insert the C clip into the grove in the body. then reattach the lever to the body and the push rod to the lever.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • grazo22
    grazo22 Posts: 50
    should the c clip attach to the housing or the piston though? i'm not to sure. how can i get the c clip on to the housing/piston. some special tool :?
    I wish I could afford the hope factory :(
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    housing.

c clip pliers.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown