Gussio
Gussio Posts: 2,452
edited May 2008 in The Crudcatcher
:lol:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Zzzzz not compute.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • No he doesn't. (says the guy who posts @ 5am :lol: ).
    Nick thrives on workshop queries and tech questions,and eats barbed wire,broken bottles and RTFMs for breakfast :wink:
    He can build a bike in 27 seconds,ride coast to coasts on a rigid before everyone else reaches the first B&B,use new Camelbak bladders without getting the aftertaste and can even get disc brakes to work without rubbing.

I will come up with a question he either doesn't know the answer to or can't find the answer to one day :lol:
    =========================================

Dot 4 in the eye hurts. Trust me
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    eats RTFMs for breakfast
    He can build a bike in 27 seconds,ride coast to coasts on a rigid before everyone else reaches the first B&B,use new Camelbak bladders without getting the aftertaste and can even get disc brakes to work without rubbing.
    thats good stuff there ha ha
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    And he just bought a bike that looks like a GT. Hope left for him yet ;-)
  • nicklouse
    supersonic wrote:
    And he just bought a bike that looks like a GT. Hope left for him yet ;-)
    Looks nothing like a gt.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Didn't answer my quaetion about servicing Talas forks :cry:

Just ignore me. I,m pissed.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    Nicklouse always gives me the impression he is unhappy, is that true Nick?
  • batch78
    batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Now you've really pissed him off!! Hours without a reply. Or maybe he's having a second look at the GT clone!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    what bike has he bought then?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Nicklouse is a super heroe, he builds bikes wearing here pants on the outside of his trousers!
  • Marshall
    Marshall Posts: 1,738
    Nicklouse always gives me the impression he is unhappy, is that true Nick?

Let me see now, he lives in Sweden where they have: Awesome rallies, kick ass Saunas, smoking hot chicks and proper snow. Nope, can't see anything to be grumpy about there....
    head_rev-1.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Well, not for Nick anyway. Plenty of reasons to make us grumpy though!
  • nicklouse
    Dont forget all the ski slopes. Sorry Uplift MTB trails?

i just dont like wasting words.
  • Marshall
    And there you have it, a Yorkshire man so tight he doesn't even like to waste words.... :wink:
    head_rev-1.jpg
  • Marshall wrote:
    a Yorkshire man so tight he doesn't even like to waste words....

If you aren't a RTFM,he has all the time (and words!) in the world.
    He's replied to numerous PMs and queries from myself,and tracked down answers for me that he didn't know off the top of his head and has taken the time to get in touch and let me know.

A little story for you..

When I first joined I judged Nick harshly for his (as it seemed at the time) monosyllabic/sarcastic answers,and even had a rant while beered up.
    I apologised afterwards and Nick being the nice guy that he is (and no doubt having seen everything I said) just let it go and has helped me with just about every query that I have had since.
    Of course,since then I've seen the myriad questions that crop up in Tech that manuals can answer and...well,feel like an arse basically.

He may not sleep :wink: ,he may be a tad harsh sometimes if someone deserves it,but I reckon this forum is all the better for having him on board.
    As an aside,I think if Nick doesn't answer your question in tech it's because the manual/webbysite has the info you need..

In the time it's taken me to type this he's built 3 bikes,stripped and rebuilt a shock,trued a set of wheels and found a way to stop the Shimano graphics rubbing off their cranks :wink:

And of course...he isn't asleep right now :wink:

• nicklouse
    As an aside,I think if Nick doesn't answer your question in tech it's because the manual/webbysite has the info you need..

Or shock horror i do not know the answer.... EG fox forks i do NOT touch them other than what can be found in the manuals.

Marz. RS. and the odd White bros yep.. :wink:
  • Of course,SS doesn't sleep either :wink:

• Marshall
    blah, blah, blah:

Hmmmm, maybe I should have put Joke Tags infront of my post..... I've known 'louse through various forums for years now, and I know he's a font of knowledge when it comes to bikes, and have myself referred various questions to him in the past. I think someone need to lighten up a bit......you are in the sandbox after all.

And anyways everyone knows Nicklouse doesn't sleep......he waits. :wink:
    head_rev-1.jpg
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Nick doesn't know how to fit XTR cranks either.
  • nicklouse
    andrew156 wrote:
    Nick doesn't know how to fit XTR cranks either.

Or did i?
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Marshall wrote:
    Nicklouse doesn't sleep......he waits. :wink:

There is no 'ctrl' button on nicklouse's computer. Nicklouse is always in control.

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Marshall,guess I took your post the wrong way.

Apologies. :oops:

• Anonymous
    Nicklouse doesn't understand anything.
    everything understands Nicklouse!
  • Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    Does Nicklouse know how long to poach an egg for to set the white but still retain a nice runny yolk....?

I'm hungry. :lol:
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • Anonymous
    he doesn't need to know, th egg knows to do that when Nick is around!
  • JammyH
    JammyH Posts: 929
    But is absolutly useless when it come to dislocated shoulders resulting in a first run of your 'know it like the back of your hand' local, balls up. Walking up Storthes Hall woods singing 'My Achey Breaky Heart' wasnt enough for the big fella with the upside downeys. He sent me on my way to HRI. Where I proceeded to sing all the way there until I got my Morphine. Sorted.
    <font color="pink">James x</font id="pink">
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DJIP</i>

Your bike reminds me of a Praying Mantis.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    I brake for Scholars, Priests and no apparent reason.
  • GT Destroyer
    GT Destroyer Posts: 1,719
    huh? I don't get it Jammy?

I picked up my Crush from stif today, I had knocked the rear wheel and it needed fixing with some kind of cone tool? It was loose and knocking.

Plus they de-greased the chain, it was all gunked up.

What is the cycle of a chain exactly, what should you do and how often?

Like - Ride, de-grease, oil. Is it like that? Do I have to do that EVERY time I ride it?
  • nicklouse
    JammyH
    that was painful to see.