Anybody got a Cube Stereo?

2»

Comments

• kneesliding
    kneesliding Posts: 29
    Well,

just had my first ride :P

Awesome, just as much fun cleaning as riding.....

IMG_0035.jpg
    The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train
  • spittle
    spittle Posts: 44
    Can anyone compare this to the Fritzz? The Fritzz has a very good review on here.
  • Hi,

the Fritzz is an Enduro and the Stereo is an All Mountain, i.e. The Fritzz has more front and rear travel, and I believe a coil spring fork.

Pete
    The light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train
  • where can u get the cube stereo for £1100 :wink:
    focus superbud
  • Hi all.
    My LBS are sold out now and nothing coming in until the 2009's mid october, so no chance of getting a local ride now.
    Any chance of some size information at all?
    Was thinking would probably be on the 20" maybe the 18" at a squeeze.
    Does your mate at velocity have any more left for that price, if so then will be on the blower to him.
  • jaysback wrote:
    Hi all.
    My LBS are sold out now and nothing coming in until the 2009's mid october, so no chance of getting a local ride now.
    Any chance of some size information at all?
    Was thinking would probably be on the 20" maybe the 18" at a squeeze.
    Does your mate at velocity have any more left for that price, if so then will be on the blower to him.
    I think he's got a 20" in stock, not sure about the price though you'd have to give him a call. I'm about 5' 10" and the 18" is perfect for me. Give him a call, he'd be only too happy to help
  • Go On Cubes website they have all the uk stockists
    Nicolai CC
  • Just a quick update guys.
    Managed to get a giant reign 0 for a real good price.
    Should be here by tuesday, but thanks for heads up guys.
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Hey guys, first time posting, so hope you're all well!

Apologies to dig this post back up, but I'd rather bring this up than start a new thread as this is all relevant..

I've currently got an old Specialized Epic, but am treating myself in a few weeks, and have seen the cube stereo K18, which is, from what I can see, an amazing bike for the money, and its also witihin my price range (£2k max). Having read the reviews that some of you guys have posted, I'm one step closer to making my choice, but I am so unsure what size I'd need as there are no Cube dealers near me where I can test the sizes.. wondering if anyone can help?

Basically, I'm 6ft 1", so everything points to getting a 20" frame (my Epic is 17.5", and I know its too small.. my back tells me every weekend!) However, I've read in other places that because the BB is quite high, that these frames come up quite large, so could I get away with an 18"?

Thanks in advance everyone! :D
  • OwenB
    OwenB Posts: 606
    Stav83 wrote:
    Hey guys, first time posting, so hope you're all well!

Apologies to dig this post back up, but I'd rather bring this up than start a new thread as this is all relevant..

I've currently got an old Specialized Epic, but am treating myself in a few weeks, and have seen the cube stereo K18, which is, from what I can see, an amazing bike for the money, and its also witihin my price range (£2k max). Having read the reviews that some of you guys have posted, I'm one step closer to making my choice, but I am so unsure what size I'd need as there are no Cube dealers near me where I can test the sizes.. wondering if anyone can help?

Basically, I'm 6ft 1", so everything points to getting a 20" frame (my Epic is 17.5", and I know its too small.. my back tells me every weekend!) However, I've read in other places that because the BB is quite high, that these frames come up quite large, so could I get away with an 18"?

Thanks in advance everyone! :D

Hi, I've got the 08 Stereo in the 20" frame and I'm 6'3" the standover height on it is quite high for me, but I do only have short legs for my height. It's not caused me any real problems yet though.

Not sure if you're looking at the 08 or 09 model though, as I think they've changed the frame a little so you'd probably be best trying one out.
  • Stav83. Spookily you sound like my twin - same old bike, same height and looking at same new bike. Did you get anywhere with your decision?
  • Fanis
    Fanis Posts: 101
    OwenB
  • Hi everyone,

I have currently got a Cube Acid and upgraded the forks to RS Reba Race and it rides very well. I do the majority of my riding on UK trail centres and enjoy the downhill sections the most.

I am getting more and more fustrated with the back end bouncing around alot on the rocks and been thinking of getting the new Cube Stereo RX but its a wacking £2100 now.

Everyone I have spoken too on the trails recommend getting full sus. I know riding hardtail at hese centres are harder but I am wondering if I will really see a benefit from getting a full sus bikes for downhill speed and comfort on the rough stuff.

Any advice on whether to go full sus or opinions on the cube stereo would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Ade
  • Do you lhave some technical sections that you ride? I have an area I go and play before I keep a bike. A couple of sections I can make abour half the time. I had one bike I must have tried 30 times and I never cleaned it. I've had others that I was always making it.

Enjoy your new ride.
    I ride my Redline or I don't Ride, I have two Redlines Cross and 29er.
    Eugene Oregon Carpet Cleaning
  • facey2604
    facey2604 Posts: 1
    My Cube Stereo Pro is fantastic! Gives and Gives and Gives! It's great up and down the hills, definitely the most versitile bike i've ever owned.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Just a small point, but this thread died three years ago.

But welcome to the forum.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools