Marin Test Rides North West

Ally_GT
Ally_GT Posts: 13
edited April 2008 in MTB rides
Hey guys, i work for cycle surgery in the wirral snow and rock store. We're trying to organise a test day of our Marin range hopefully at the llandegla trails and just wondered if any of you guys from the north west were interested and if so which bikes you are interested in? please post in this thread or feel free to call the store in the daytime 0151 328 5500 (wirral) or 0161 4484444 (manchester)

thanks

ally

Comments

• dhxcme
    dhxcme Posts: 1,467
    I'll test bikes if it's free or I get paid. I'm to too up on marins so if I just ramble off a short spec can you recommend me something.

I'm 22, 15 stone, 6ft (or as close as it comes)

I'd want to try something with about 5 inch front and back. 27 gears and an 18 inch frame.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ooooh! I'd love to try the new 2008 wolf ridge or quake!!! llandegla would be ideal as I'm there most weekends anyway!
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Interesting, having looked at a new Wolf Ridge and being highly impressed.... yer, comon give us a date and place and I'll be there!
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Ally_GT
    Ally_GT Posts: 13
    Thanks for the quick replies guys!
    dhxcme wrote:
    I'll test bikes if it's free or I get paid. I'm to too up on marins so if I just ramble off a short spec can you recommend me something.

I'm 22, 15 stone, 6ft (or as close as it comes)

I'd want to try something with about 5 inch front and back. 27 gears and an 18 inch frame.

it's more a test day for prospective customers rather than market research and yeah it would be free. If you're after more of an all mountain rig then the attack trail or wolf ridge (140mm) would be good or if you wanted somthing abit lighter then the mount vision (120mm) in medium which is a 17.5
    Interesting, having looked at a new Wolf Ridge and being highly impressed.... yer, comon give us a date and place and I'll be there!

Just trying to get the numbers together before we can set a date but as soon as we do I'll be sure to let you guys know :)
  • gpjones
    gpjones Posts: 33
    Personally I would try and do the test ride at Penmachno, whether this would be possible I don't know due to parking.

Contact the pub and try and find out who owns a field near the track. If you could use a field for the day it would be a beneficial place for people to park and get set-up etc. CycleSurgery could also make a contribution to the village community, because the pub is the only place that benefit from the masses of people who go there at weekends. I'm sure it would be cheaper than the cost of using Llandegla, where people will struggle to park and enjoy the ride as the track is like the m25 on weekends.

BikeDemoDay at CYB took me 30mins to get round and the Llandegla test day took about 20 mins.I didn't think this was long enough time to test a bike properly, so I would try and get a better test track than the one that the shop at llandegla did.

Count me in where ever I fancy a test ride on a mount vision size small.
  • Stu 74
    Stu 74 Posts: 463
    Yes, definitely be interested in that. Interested in the Wolf Ridge and Attack trial (size Small) but have not been able to find anywhere local that has demo bikes. Llandegla or Penmachno would be good!

Stu