Action Medical Research: Suffolk Sunrise 100

driverpm
driverpm Posts: 65
Anyone doing this (http://www.action.org.uk/get_involved/suffolk_sunrise.php) on the 11th May? Anyone done the route before?
My first organised / mass ride. Really looking forward to it even though training has been limited by the arrival of baby boy in February. Comfortably managed a hilly (for suffolk) / windy 65 on saturday in just under 4 hours so feel i should get round. Not looking for anything but to finish, raise some money for their touching iny lives campaign (http://www.action.org.uk/ttl_campaign/campaignoverview.php) and hopefully enjoy it - But still a bit nervous; any advice, thoughts, or comments?
cheers
Phil
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable

Comments

• fto-si
    fto-si Posts: 402
    I live in Suffolk and this is the first I have heard of it
    exercise.png
  • driverpm
    have you checked out the link and seen the route?
    I signed up aroung Chrsitmas so my memoryis a bit hazy - both due to it being a long time ago and also the festive beer - but it looks to go from woodbridge, down to felixstowe (ish) then up the coast to Dunwhich, in land to Framlingham then back down to woodbridge. I would have done it anyway as the particular fundraising campaign is close to my heart, but the proximity (I live near Cambridge) makes it an easy option for an organised ride. I think registration is £15 with a minimum £25 in sponsorship. It seems as though it will be well marked and marshalled, with 4 refreshment points on the 100 (i think there was a 50 option too).
    I'll post back one i've one it to let you know for future events - it seems that Action Medical Research put on lots every year.
  • Yorkman
    Yorkman Posts: 290
    It's on the same day as the Fred Whitton, in terms of course profile I can't imagine 2 more extremes.
  • driverpm
    Don't know what you mean :D - I'm not sure about the total climbing but we go from about 3m below sea level to about 60m above. Actually given that a lot of it is coastal i hope the 3m below sea level is not too literal!
    As cycle challenges go it's early days for me so I'm kust looking for a good day out raising money for something i really want to help.
    I've just checked out the Fred Whitton website - Yikes :shock: Looks like a brilliant ride for great causes - maybe next year 8)