joe blow pro track pump

moggy12
moggy12 Posts: 109
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
i have just got a joe blow pro track pump of ebay are these easy to use ? i have presta tubes and can never get above 60psi with my pump will the joe blow get upto about 90-100psi without any probs ?any thing i need to look out for with using a floor pump ? thanks for any replies

Comments

• garyspain
    garyspain Posts: 105
    Had one for 2 yrs, 120psi no probs
  • roger645
    roger645 Posts: 111
    I'm using a joe blow sport, again 120psi no problem
    Current Steed: 02 Marin Tiburon
  • Andy140
    Andy140 Posts: 130
    Had a Joe Blow for best part of a year, great bit of kit and as said above no probs in getting over 100psi :D
  • antonylp
    antonylp Posts: 33
    I have a Jo Blow sports 2 i think it's called. However, i have a question.....when i want to top my road tyres up should the gauge register a reading?

If it doesn't i find it really hard to pump up to 110 - 120 psi ie. i cannot push the handle all the way down. Is that normal?

I have obviously unscrewed the little valve thingy and my Vittoria tyres have a max psi of 120.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Antonylp - to top up tyres, best to press in the valve head briefly after unscrewing the little knurled nut - this will let just a little air out and will break the seal. Otherwise you are pumping against the seal and no air will go into the tube until the air pressure forces the seal open (this can take more pressure than the pump can supply).

With presta valves, no pressure will show on the guage until you start pumping.
  • top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    moggy12 wrote:
    i have just got a joe blow pro track pump of ebay are these easy to use ? i have presta tubes and can never get above 60psi with my pump will the joe blow get upto about 90-100psi without any probs ?any thing i need to look out for with using a floor pump ? thanks for any replies

Not trying to be ignorant but it might have been better for you to have asked the question before buying it. As it is, you haven't wasted any money as the Joe Blow will serve you well.