Insurance claim

Rykard
Rykard Posts: 582
edited April 2008 in MTB beginners
HI,

I have a friend who had his 6 month old Carrera Vulcan nicked. His insurance company is saying he has to go to Evans, and are saying a Diamond Back Peak 2008 is a suitable replacement.

I am struggling to find spec sheets on them both. Can anyone point me in the right direction, or pass judgement on the DB Peak?

I know the Vulcan was voted one of the bikes of the year by What MTB but don't recall anything on the DB...

cheers
Rich
Cheers
Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.

Comments

• Rykard
    Yeah saw that, was more interested in reviews, and/or experience. Have noted that it is missing disc brakes/wheels.. not to sure about the fork, couldn't find anything on the suntour XCT/XCM forks...
    Cheers
    Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
  • dav1
    dav1 Posts: 1,298
    you probably wont find a conclusive review on the suntors, they are very variable between differnt bikes.
    Giant TCR advanced 2 (Summer/race)
    Merlin single malt fixie (Commuter/winter/training)
    Trek superfly 7 (Summer XC)
    Giant Yukon singlespeed conversion (winter MTB/Ice/snow)

Carrera virtuoso - RIP
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It seems like a decent 250 quid bike, no holes in the spec. You have a right to reject what the insurance company says though!
  • Rykard
    I have told my mate to point out the differences i.e. discs / disc specific wheels etc... and he is waiting for a call...

It looks like they have just looked at price not spec, the Carreras have always been a lot of bike for the money...

Suspersonic - would I be right in saying that the Vulcan is a fair bit higher spec than the DB?
    Cheers
    Rich

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I would say spec wise, the Vulcan disc version is better, but is more expenisve. The DB is more akin to the V brake Vulcan.
  • I had an Ironhorse Warrior Pro 2006 nicked after 6 weeks of me having it. Insurance company wanted to give me some random Carrrera, but I told them the nearest bike I could find was a Norco 6 3 and they coughed up even though it was about £400 more expensive :lol:

Don't take any cráp from them. You don't even have to take the bike from the dealers they want to use.
  • Rykard
    He's just had a call from the insurers, they are going to send a cheque out. Seems like the 'expert' at Evans was trying to spin a line. Anyway cheers guys.
    Cheers
    Rich