Shimano and sram chain question, please help

anytear691
anytear691 Posts: 84
edited April 2008 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi my mates sram chain must have got bashed and one of the links had kinked and therefore jammed solid makin it slip, as I have no power links (becuase I use a shimano chain) I took out the link and repaired it with a shimano Pin. It seems to work fine,is this an ok repair job or will it be liable to snap soon?
"Convoy?!, Micheal your spending you time with someone who uses a collective term for a single vehicle!"

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You dont need a shimano pin to connect a SRAM chain - one of its normal pins is fine.
  • Oh right fair doos. Cheers mte, its not gona snap though is it, I dont want my mate to die becuase of me!
    "Convoy?!, Micheal your spending you time with someone who uses a collective term for a single vehicle!"
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    mates dont die due to snapped chains but they can get great nad top tube contact.

If the pin has been well fitted then it should be fine.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • hehe thanks mate.