clubs

dcab
dcab Posts: 255
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
was thinkin about joining a road club in lancashire, im waiting for my first road bike being built but have been riding mtb for years? should i wait and get some time in on new bike before applying ? and also what commitment time wise is expected of me?due to family & work i have limited ride time? :
veritas vos liberabit

Comments

• i know at least one of the clubs around blackburn expect you to marshall at least one event if you're a member, but thats about it, ride with them whenever you like. i would think other clubs expect something similar.
    see if they have any easier rides to start with unless you are used to riding in a group.
  • Adamskii
    Adamskii Posts: 267
    You shouldn't meed much time on the bike before joining a club. Most clubs have rides to suit all.

Where abouts in Lancashire do you live? You're probably better joining a club close enough so you can ride to the meeting point. Options are Horwich cc (my club), Preston wheelers, Ribble Valley cc and Lancashire RC as well as many others! It can also depend on what you want from ac club.
    It's all good.
  • dcab
    dcab Posts: 255
    i live in chorley ! i do most of my riding round rivington,horwich and surrounding area.what are the commitments to the club ?e.g. meetings and such?
    veritas vos liberabit
  • Adamskii
    Adamskii Posts: 267
    DCAB - I live also in Chorley (I work in Preston) as do a few of the other club members. We ride around Rivington quite often, yesterday in the rain was fun! There is a club meeting on a Monday evening once a month which you're expected to attend but many don't! Club membership is only £5 for the first year, we meet at the Crown pub in Horwich on a Sunday morning 9:15-9:30am. There are usually two rides, a social ride at a nice steady pace and a more brisk training ride. Further details of the club can be found at, http://www.horwichcc.com e-mail Rod if you're interested and he'll send you an information pack. Nice friendly group.

If you need any more info send me a private message.
    It's all good.