Avid juicy three's becoming inconsistant

04bancrofja
04bancrofja Posts: 14
edited April 2008 in MTB beginners
Has anyone elses avid juuicy 3 started to become inconsistant after about 5 months of riding? :?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    what condition are the pads in?
    and what do you mean by inconsistent? in lever feel or operation?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The braking power changes as the ride progresses, in some parts they don't brake hard and in others they do
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    how does the lever feel? the same or does it change.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    My juicy 3s suck.

My previous bike had hope minis after I upgraded from LX V-brakes. Both of my old brakes are far better than the 3s. They have no bite. I can jam the front on as hard as I can and there's not even a hint of an endo. Even the Vs had me nearly flying when I pulled too hard.

I've replaced the pads, bled them and cleaned the rotors but the story is they same. They suck. They nearly screetch at much as the hopes too and I didn't think that was possible.
  • BikerBaz
    BikerBaz Posts: 24
    My Juicy 3's work like a dream.

Had them three months. Since I havn't had any problems with them I cant understand what is wrong with yours.
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 41
    My Juicy 3's are also perfectly fine.

Admittedly I've only had the bike a week or so, but am riding it every night at the moment, and havent had a problem.
  • toasty
    toasty Posts: 2,598
    Same here, working really well. There's no chance the rotors are loose Guinea? I can easily 1 finger brake with mine and I'm 6"6' and about 14-15 stone fully kitted.