ouch :(

TheGreatGatsby
TheGreatGatsby Posts: 818
edited April 2008 in The bottom bracket
well it finally happened. On the way home tonoght battling against the wind I took a bit of a wobble.Head down looking at my HRM - which insidenly was reading 103bpm@19mph what the hells that about> - missed the van parked on the side of the road with its side door slid open. Saw it just in time to avoid smacking into its butt but did manage to drag myself along the side of it and into the back of the door.

Bent brake lever, easily fixed, Bruised arm, and swollen hand alongside a real deep gash in my finger and new cleats sashed to bits. Pretty lucky really, could have been alot worse.

Gats

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Ouch indeed.........not the first person to fall victim to a heart rate monitor, and probably not the last either.

Hope you are not to mashed up. What about the van - did you dent it, and if you did, how fast did you pedal then? :wink:
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    well it finally happened. On the way home tonoght battling against the wind I took a bit of a wobble.Head down looking at my HRM - which insidenly was reading 103bpm@19mph what the hells that about> - missed the van parked on the side of the road with its side door slid open. Saw it just in time to avoid smacking into its butt but did manage to drag myself along the side of it and into the back of the door.

Bent brake lever, easily fixed, Bruised arm, and swollen hand alongside a real deep gash in my finger and new cleats sashed to bits. Pretty lucky really, could have been alot worse.

Gats

Jeez, my bpm is higher than that freewheeling.....downhill. Hope the injuries don't keep you off the bike for long.
  • Gats, I'm impressed that you can recall precisely your HR at the moment of just before of impact! :o

Give that man the "walking black box" award of the week! Hope the recovery is quick.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Not the new Colnago I hope :shock:
  • thanks guys. I'm OK. stiff and swollen this morning and not in the good way! :oops: ah no dramas the Nago is safely wrapped up in the barn waiting for the right temperature for its virgin voyage. the Pinarello caught the bang.

Yeah I was looking at my HRM cos its been slowly decresing throughout the week and yesterday despite the wind and the effort it hardly got above 124bmp so iwas just checking. It did get to 136 immediately after impact though!

Gonna bend me lever back now cos can't be missing my ride tomorrow. Good job today is a rest day!

Gats