- Fulcrum Racing 7 Black wheelset
- ITM 4 Ever Carbon forks
- Integral hidden headset
- CSN Carbon SE seat pillar 300mm
- Selle Italia XO Transam Saddle
- ITM Racing 300 Oversize Handlebars
- ITM Forged Lite 4 Bolt Oversize Stem
- Vittoria Rubino Tyres

Componentry seems better than the Giants, Specialized, Bianchi, etc from the LBS...?

Cheers,
Rukh

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Sounds good.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • sounds good.

Obviously it is better specced then the more mainstream manufacturers bikes at this price point as with them it does have to be said your paying for the name.
    Cycling - The pastime of spending large sums of money you don't really have on something you don't really need.
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    Sounds lovely.

Believe they do the same with a 105 groupset too (ad in CW).

It was on my shortlist (along with Spesh & Bianchi). Ended up with the Spesh, purely because of the deal and service I get from LBS.

Recently got an 07 Allez Elite with 105 groupset (FSA chainrings) for £700
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • rukh
    rukh Posts: 16
    I tried the 07 Allez Elite! But they didn't have it in my size unfortunately :( Is your LBS Evan's? Or do you know somewhere else that has some left?

How do you find the position? Is it relaxed or streamlined? :P

Cheers,
    Rukh
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Further to what I said earlier, after looking more closely at the spec, the only thing wrong with the bike is the rubbish saddle. But who keeps the stock saddle on the bike for long?

Otherwise it's a pretty good deal...
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    rukh wrote:
    I tried the 07 Allez Elite! But they didn't have it in my size unfortunately :( Is your LBS Evan's? Or do you know somewhere else that has some left?

How do you find the position? Is it relaxed or streamlined? :P

Cheers,
    Rukh

Got the Allez from Certini (nr Plymouth). They had one left when I got it. This was the old test bike though. They told me they had to replace some stuff on it before selling it. Could be a real bargain if they still have it.

As for geometry.
    This is my first road bike, so all I was looking for was something comfy that I could do the odd sprint triathlon on and improve my endurance for mtb'g. Had a 6 mile test ride on this, a Roubaix & a quick spin on a Scott. Not a lot between the Allez & Roubaix, but as I'm not going to be doing over 100 miles a week, the Allez suited me fine.

There is another thread about sizes running.
    FYI, I have a 56cm frame. I thought this was quite small considering I'm 6'1".
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    The "Special Editions" look attractive - except that they are nearly all BLACK. Boring, boring, boring....
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • I bought a special edition winter trainer a couple of weeks back. Very good spec for the money. Got mine with 10sp Mirage. Although the spec is already "determined", I got to specify cassette, chainset, crank and stem length. Oh, and color of bar tape :D . There is certainly nothing boring about the matte black finish IMO.

redddraggon: I thought the same thing about the saddle when i was waiting for it to be delivered, i expected it to be the first thing to be changed. but to be honest its comfier than i expected and so far its going to be staying on the bike. :D

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc13 ... ibble1.jpg

Sorry, not the best of pictures but gives u an idea

Rob
  • morrisje
    morrisje Posts: 507
    There are other suppliers with similar bikes at that type of price. These look good and I remember they had a good review in Cycling + a while ago

http://www.flandriabikes.com/
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    The red Flandria Grand Tour is a very nice looking bike - I am tempted!
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."