Mint Sauce

Dazzza
Dazzza Posts: 2,364
edited April 2008 in The Crudcatcher
So who remembers this sheepish character, i still have the orange jersey here and still in good nick, i was too large for it but just tried it again and fitted well.

http://www.thisiswhy.co.uk/
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Giant Anthem X

Comments

• Father Faff
    Father Faff Posts: 1,176
    What do you mean "remembers"? He is still very much alive!
    Commencal Meta 5.5.1
    Scott CR1
  • Dazzza
    So he's still about riding in mbuk?
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Positron
    Positron Posts: 191
    Okay I may well be loosing my marbles but I "think" I remember a really good Mint Sauce I came across years ago (mid-'90's?) that used part of a song by The Blue Nile for the text. Can't see it on the web site. Am I mad?

p.
    Never order anti-pasta to arrive at the same time as pasta.
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
    mint sauce is fantastic, i had a load of old mags but had to throw them away so cut out mint sauce and kept them :)
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Bought my first MBUK last week and just did not get the Mint Sauce cartoon at all.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • maddmatt
    maddmatt Posts: 166
    gotta admit mint sauce doesnt make sense half the time but when it does it is great! and always amusing!
  • Jimbob_no5
    Jimbob_no5 Posts: 1,568
    theres a mint sauce jersey?? wow a woo woo i want one
    Pinkbike

I believe in only 2 things in life.
    1) Drink is not my friend
    2) D-Locking cnuts ;)
  • Dazzza
    Giant Anthem X
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    The mint sauce i always remember and is a constant joke with our lot, was the lame bike mint gets a puncture, and i can not for the love of me remember the cow, but it walks up saying i know what to do, whips out a double barrel shotgun and in a spray of blood puts mints bike down!... awsome
  • I have in my hand now (actually I've just put it down as one handed typing is tricky), "The Eternal Reek of Damp Wool - A Celebration of Ten Years of Mint Sauce". It's dated Teatime 1998 so I'm guessing it came free with the 10th anniversary edition of MBUK. Some classic episodes in it including the one where Mint gets killed. There's also some adverts for bikes they don't make any more, like Steve Peat promoting the GT LTS 1000 Dual Sport.
    "The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    Mint is great, if a little 'out there' sometimes :)
  • Positron wrote:
    Okay I may well be loosing my marbles but I "think" I remember a really good Mint Sauce I came across years ago (mid-'90's?) that used part of a song by The Blue Nile for the text. Can't see it on the web site. Am I mad?

p.

I'm pretty sure every Mint Sauce strip has song lyrics in, if not all then many do.
    Dreaming of a Flowing, Downhill, Singletrack, Double jumping, Hardtail paradise