Damn Ebay

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited April 2008 in The Crudcatcher
I am very cross :twisted:

Sold my old Specialized Hardrock on Ebay last week, and it went to a new chap with no feedback. Being completely naive I thought that this would be ok, and contacted him regarding payment....

And nothing.

It's now been 5 days and i've tried to contact him but absolutely nothing. I can't lodge a dispute via Ebay for another 2 days, and I can't get hold of the next highest bidder to offer the bike to them. So the whole thing was a completely wasted exercise!

I assume that Ebay will refund my fees so that I can list it again, but what a blinking pain. And why would anyone bid on something that they don't want? I just don't get it :?

Anyone else had the same problem? I guess it could have been worse (it's not like i've sent the bike) i'm obviously just stupid assuming that everyone is nice and honest :oops:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• Ebay can be great when all goes smoothly, I've sold some items for really strong money.

But when it doesn't go to plan your (IMO) stuffed!.. and good luck in getting a genuine reply from ebay (as opposed to a automated response).

GOOD LUCK..
    *Rock Lobster Team Tig SL (22lb 14oz)
    *C. Late 1950's Fixed Gear
    *1940 Raleigh Dawn Tourist with rod brakes
  • jacktheoc
    jacktheoc Posts: 1,556
    same thing happened with my motocrosser i "sold" it on sunday.. hasnt payed,ive e-mailed him and no response :evil: but worst of all it cost me £12 to put on and now i will have to pay another £12 to relist :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • miss notax
    Apparently if you formally lodge a dispute with Ebay they give your listing fees back :) Not ideal but it's got to be worth a go...

Damned annoying though!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• jeffers696
    jeffers696 Posts: 328
    if your selling any thing of any value always state in the listing, any body below 10 feedback must contact the seller be for bidding and that you will remove any biders if they ahavent contacted you.
    Specailized Enduro 08 - Beast
    OnOne 456
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hope your just selling your bike cos you have a new one sarah!
  • fumps
    fumps Posts: 227
    i still wont use e-bay

know too many people who have been burnt tbh
    Arrrghhh it's worse than i thought!!!!!
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    I love buying on E-Bay its great but selling is a bloody hassle !! I sold a car ,waited a week for the guy to contact me about collecting it only to be told that he bought it 'by mistake' and had no money !! Total waste of time and in the meantime I lost the car I wanted to buy because the cash didnt materialize :(
  • miss notax
    Ha ha, yes, I have a gorgeous Santa Cruz superlight. Ironcally the Specialized has never been used - and once I got the new bike it was never likely to be :wink:

Just need to sell it now!

• Thewaylander
    Phew, thought we lost you there a moment lass!

shiney my friends rides one of the Santa lights, shiney, rides alot like my fsr strangely. but slightly lighter. i tell him it sucks but really im just jealous lol
  • miss notax
    It's fab - I am completely in love with my bike :D And the good news is that because i'm only 5'4" and it's a small frame it's way too small for anyone to borrow :lol:

So no, i'm still moutain biking (slowly and badly!). I'm far too pig-headed to give up without a struggle!

• Thewaylander
    Good.

perfect time for a fitness boost coming up, bank holiday! head to some trail centers, me and a few lads will be at coed y brenin this first may bank holiday!