Vicky P reckons sex makes her go faster

Bronzie
Bronzie Posts: 4,927
edited April 2008 in The bottom bracket
http://www.bedsonsunday.com/bedsonsunda ... ?id=306543

Article doesn't say whether or not she's looking for willing volunteers to further her research although I'm guessing crowd control could be an issue :D

Comments

• TheBoyBilly
    TheBoyBilly Posts: 749
    Oh, I dunno......I suppose I could always take her out for (cue best DelBoy voice)...........a S-t-e-a-k Meal. That's the sort of "arrangement" I like.
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • Johnny G
    Johnny G Posts: 348
    "Miss Pendleton did not return our calls"

Hmmm, I wonder why not? Surely she should leap at the chance to talk to a crappy parochial local freesheet creating a cheap headline by taking part of another article out of context?
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    what a terrible article!

who cares - I mean, obviously she's fit and very attractive - but what sort of story is that to write about an olympic athlete about her preparations for a forthcoming games?
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    gkerr4 wrote:
    what a terrible article!
    Hey, it's the Beds on Sunday. That was the most accurate and well researched article this year. :roll:
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    i guess they'll be back to printing pages of irate letters protesting / supporting the 'traveller' community again this week then...
  • vermooten
    vermooten Posts: 2,697
    gkerr4 wrote:
    what sort of story is that to write about an olympic athlete about her preparations for a forthcoming games?
    One to get every red-blooded male reading their otherwise tedious website.
    You just have to ride like you never have to breathe again.

Manchester Wheelers
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    hmm
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    "He is from outside the sport. We are not allowed to have relationships with other cyclists, even if we wanted."

I'm off to put my bike on ebay. :D
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Fat Head
    Fat Head Posts: 765
    never thought i'd read the words vicky pendleton and thong in the same article

nice surprise tho 8) :shock:
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    <Insert plain spoken football manager>

"Yes I ban my players from having sex before a big game. But it's not the sex that's the problem it's them being up half the night looking for it".

Somehow I don't think MsPendleton would be on the prowl for long!
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    What makes VP faster with regards sex is VP riding fast to escape a group of ne'er do wells from bikeradar chasing her in the hope of a bunk up with the gorgeous Miss/Ms Pendleton :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    If she has a threesome with 2 guys maybe she will go twice as fast 8)
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    If she has a threesome with 2 guys maybe she will go twice as fast 8)
    :? What a horrible thought. Still, whatever floats your boat... :lol:
  • FSR_XC
    FSR_XC Posts: 2,258
    So she is a relationship, doing something that we all enjoy and is proud of her body.

It's only the way it is written that leads us into thinking it's anything more than what you would expect.

So - she's committed to cycling first & relationship after. Nothing more than many other women in sport or business.
    Stumpjumper FSR 09/10 Pro Carbon, Genesis Vapour CX20 ('17)Carbon, Rose Xeon CW3000 '14, Raleigh R50

http://www.visiontrack.com
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    In the linked article, it says ".. the guy's performance goes down and the girl's performance improves" to which VP comments "The guy is thinking about it too much".

It's not that simple; the study showed there were chemical changes in the body after sex, which result in a male's competitiveness decreasing and a female's increasing. The male competitiveness then takes about a week to build up to a peak, after which it then wains off.
    For this reason, some Japanese trainers recommend their male athletes to have sex 6-7 days before an event, not sooner and not longer before.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    By this reckoning it means you can only have sex once a week and race once a week ? :D
    What a load of tosh.
    Does masturbation also count?
    That should rule out the entire male population apart from Monks ever racing? 8)
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    i guess they'll be back to printing pages of irate letters protesting / supporting the 'traveller' community again this week then...

I must say I get a bit bored with all the letters stories about travellers in the BoS, but every so often I have to agree with some.

Driving along Longholme Way earlier today, the whole area is a mess with gas bottles and all sorts of crap lying about.

Last year a group of travellers put a big pole in the middle of the cricket square at Addison Park and tethered a goat off it, ruined the pitch for the rest of the summer.

It's no wonder people get p!ssed off with *some* of them.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    Just reading "The rules of Modern Policing 1973 edition".....................................by DCI Gene Hunt...............when I find the quote most suited to this topic I will post it!

Hmm .Might get booted off the site ......................Glossary.....under, V.......Nice......
    bagpuss