beginner needs a training schedule? where do I look?

mark145max
mark145max Posts: 28
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
hi there, just starting out, reasonably fit ex-injured runner, and need to find a schedule to follow to increase my fitness and avoid injury, any ideas, websites? :?:

Comments

• Carbon_
    Carbon_ Posts: 5
    http://www.freetrainingplan.com/

Dont know how good this is but give it a try.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    mark145max wrote:
    websites? :?:
    Look/ask in the Training forum on here. There are a few cycle coaches that hang out in there, but you'll need to provide a bit more info about where you are currently fitness-wise and what you are training for.
  • I've looked at those plans, albeit it briefly. It would help if you could see a summary version (even a weekly summary would help) but it only gives you each day at a time.

Seems to be mostly a sub-optimal use of valuable training time to me*.

Takes no account of your available training hours/days etc, curent fitness level, etc

However if it gets you out there, then it's better than not training at all! :D

* re sub-optimal - For high volume road racing it has you doing lots of weight training, stretches/core endurance stuff, isolated leg pedalling drills, low cadence efforts, and after 4 months it's still only up to 7.5 hrs/week of actual on bike training (including the isolated leg stuff) and mostly its level 1/2 riding. Looks like it's a straight take out of an old Friel plan methodology.