New Person =]

Tom_Fox
Tom_Fox Posts: 17
edited April 2008 in MTB beginners
Hello all,

New to this soo.. be nice :D

Would like to start MTB'ing Properly like trails and such off road...dirt and such. What bikes are there for around the £200 mark that are WORTH looking at. I've seen a BEAUTIFUL Muddyfox..and i'm falling in love with the carrera's but i dunno whats what???

Anyhoo what im getting at is.. Are muddyfox any good? i'll get a link if anyone wants to see the exact bike im on about..also Carrea's...£200 mark...what are they like as well?

Any other suggestions? Any feed back would be lovely.

Thank you.

:D

Comments

• punkypossum
    punkypossum Posts: 660
    Hi new person!

Might be worth stretching your budget a bit further, you will get a lot more bike for a bit more money, but for what it's worth, the carreras get good reviews, so do the decathlon bikes - but I'm only a noob myself, other people will have better advice....
    One day, I'm going to buy a cottage in a small village and become its idiot!
  • z000m
    z000m Posts: 544
    for £200 i would be looking for a good 2nd hand hardtail
  • What riding do you want to do?
    Me like trials biking me do
  • What riding do you want to do?
    Me like trials biking me do
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Yeh it depends on what you are riding,

With the second hand option be careful find a person who has been riding to come help you on that it takes experiance to spot signs of bad wear and abuse.

Stretch your budget as far as you can at this level, as the difference in the quality of machine is great.
  • Tom_Fox
    Tom_Fox Posts: 17
    Yeh it depends on what you are riding,

With the second hand option be careful find a person who has been riding to come help you on that it takes experiance to spot signs of bad wear and abuse.

Stretch your budget as far as you can at this level, as the difference in the quality of machine is great.

Firstly. i would like to say thank you very much to everyone who replied soo quickly.

And now. Erm i would probably use the bike everyday...getting about and such but also if i wanted to have a fit of rage and go down a dirt track at break neck speeds i could...

:shock: :D

Theres reduced bikes near me in shops the muddyfox and carrera's both reduced from like £400 there just older models...
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    older models are good a £400 bike will be somethng capable, then as you improve and decided to MTB more and more(cos you will i know it) you will be able to justify a new bike >:)
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    You will probably get a good deal on 2007 Carrera now that the new range is out.