Bloody Wiggle

NWLondoner
NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
So i had made arrangements for someone to be in today to receive my Garmin Edge 605. I got a text saying it had arrived but the box was quite large. Being wiggle i am used to receiving small items in large boxes.

So when i get home i am shocked by the size of the box. You guessed it, they sent to me someone else's damn order :x

Has this happened to you before with wiggle and how good were they ate sorting the situation out??

I have tried contacting the other customer to see if they received my order and maybe we can swap them over :idea:

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Was what you got any good?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • TheHatter
    TheHatter Posts: 122
    I've never had the wrong order before but I've had to return stuff twice (no fault of wiggles) and they've always been great. Hope they sort it out for you.
  • NWLondoner
    Was what you got any good?

same brake cable, spec tyre's and tube's

Plus some SKS raceblades.
  • TheHatter wrote:
    I've never had the wrong order before but I've had to return stuff twice (no fault of wiggles) and they've always been great. Hope they sort it out for you.

Yeh, I have returned stuff to wiggle etc before and they have been great. Very efficient. :)
  • krakow
    krakow Posts: 110
    I did my first wiggle order last week and was very impressed with the little packet of sweets.
  • TheBoyBilly
    TheBoyBilly Posts: 749
    Never had any bother with Wiggle. My online shop of choice :D
    To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity - Oscar Wilde
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    I've bought loads of stuff from Wiggle and never had any problems. Once bought a pair of mitts that were the wrong size and the return arrangements worked very smoothly.

Recently found Chain Reaction Cycles to be more competitively priced than Wiggle.
  • To add to the eulogies, I've found Wiggle itself fantastic at customer service - delivering free part orders when they'd have the right to wait, responding quickly to queries etc.

My only problems came when Wiggle switched to Citylink. Main issue is Citylink does 2 deliveries on consecutive days without waiting for the client to give a preferred date for the second. Since Citylink only does 2 attempts free, theoretically you have to collect from miles away or pay for a further delivery. In practice Wiggle authorises further free deliveries if you ask it. Wiggle even gave me a voucher for my trouble!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Sometimes stuff is cheaper at Wiggle, but that's the only time I get stuff from them. There stock seems to risen in price quite a bit recently. Twice I've sent back stuff, recently sent back a 4month Cateye single shot+, and received a replacement with no fuss after the minimum amount of time (sent light back Tuesday, they received Wednesday, received replacement on the Thursday)

Chain Reaction Cycles are normally the cheapest and normally the fastest dispatchers, so I tend to get the normal stuff from them.

For Campag drivetrain parts(etc) Ribble is by far the cheapest, so I use them for stuff like (although recently their delivery has been slow, and they've screwed up an order - but it was sorted).

Parker are also worth a mention, free delivery now, good(ish) prices.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    You should have tried JE James.

I ordered a Conti Ultra Sport tyre, 23mm blue folding. One week later up turns a 25mm black rigid. It even had a sticker on it with a description of the tyre I had ordered, sitting next to the Conti label with the correct specification!

Not impressed.
  • buddha
    buddha Posts: 1,088
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    You should have tried JE James.

I ordered a Conti Ultra Sport tyre, 23mm blue folding. One week later up turns a 25mm black rigid. It even had a sticker on it with a description of the tyre I had ordered, sitting next to the Conti label with the correct specification!

Not impressed.
    Also not impressed with JE James.

I ordered a pair of 2007 Ultra Gatorskins. And recieved a 2005 tyre (different tread) with a 2007 sticker applied over the original 2005 label.
    Spent 20 minutes on the phone just to get my money back. Don't know if I caught them on a bad day, but they seemed rude and unhelpful.

Never had any problems with Wiggle (apart from not getting any sweets :( )
    <center><font size="1"><font color="navy">Lardy</font id="navy"><font color="blue"> | </font id="blue"><font color="navy">Madame de Pompadour</font id="navy"></font id="size1"></center>
  • NWLondoner
    Update

Wiggle have arranged for the incorrect items to be collected tomorrow and for my 605 to be delivered at the same time
    :D

I have noticed that their prices have been going up lately.

Some items are more expensive even with my new platinum discount compared to when i purchased them with my gold discount.
  • wildmoustache
    wildmoustache Posts: 4,010
    i would generally echo reddragon's comments

the great thing about wiggle is the speed of delivery and the absolutely no quibbles policy (which they obviously have worked out is cheaper than lots of humans doing customer servicing, and it attracts custom in its own right I suspect).

BUT ... they should end their dealings with CityLink. Not a good company. Online retailers are too often let down by courier companies with a tiny number of awkwardly sited storage/holding depots.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I've never had any sweeties from them - I think it's a ploy to get you to keep ordering with them; 'Will I get some sweets this time?'

It works.
  • ChrisLS
    ChrisLS Posts: 2,749
    ...Wiggle. :D ..great service :D ...great sweets :D ...City Link...inflexible :? ...
    ...all the way...'til the wheels fall off and burn...
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    On Monday at 2pm I ordered:

1. Dura Ace bottom bracket cups from Chain Reaction; and

2. An Inbred MTB frame from On-One for the missus

The BB cups arrived in yesterday morning's post (Tuesday) and the frame arrived 15mins ago by courier (Wednesday). Speed of service really doesn't get much better in my opinion.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Parker are also worth a mention, free delivery now, good(ish) prices.

Ddin't know Parker had gone post-free. Would recommend them for good service - including returns policy - anyhow, though.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Placed my first order with Wiggle on Tuesday evening, using free delivery. As some courier depots are 30 miles away I gave my work address - stuff delivered today.

Unfortunately the parcel was too big to fit on the bike so I'll need to take the car in tomorrow.
    Be nice to grumpy old men (or else!)
  • I used wiggle for the first time last month and i got my order really fast BUT it was wrong so i filled the returns form out and posted it back and hey presto a few ddays later the correct item arrives and i got refunded the postage so im happy to use them again :D
  • NWLondoner
    Well the wrong parcel got picked up last night and my Edge 605 got delivered this morning.

I am lucky that my local citylink driver is a great guy. When he collected my parcel late yesterday we mentioned what had happened and when my parcel arrives again that an early morning delivery is always appreciated. This morning i had a knock at my door at 7.30am!!. I'm going to contact city-link to compliment the driver on his great service :D
  • jason74
    jason74 Posts: 8
    I started using Wiggle in late 2007 and have never had problems.

Yesterday I cancelled a back order to but a different product (at about 1530), and they arrived today at 1230pm by CityLink, the driver knows that I work nights so he leaves it later to deliver anything to me, unlike Royal Mail who sent part of my previous order, were knocking on my door very loudly at 0800.

So only good reports on both Wiggle and CityLink
  • Recently received faulty goods from Wiggle (bib shorts had a split in one of the seams). Filled out the online returns form, printed it off, stuffed it & the shorts in a Jiffy bag (rather than the oversized box they sent them in) & Wiggle refunded my money.

Apart from the inconvenience of not having the shorts, no Problems.

Ride on ...
    Ride On ...
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    I'm on to 2 packs of sweets per order these days, It feels like xmas all year round :)
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    i can't believe no one blamed wiggle
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Holy thread resurrection batman.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    Are you bored or something Sungod?

Or, that better not be a spoiler, sez he about to watch S20 of Giro...
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    Was thinking what an earth is a Garmin Edge 605? Is it a new model? Oh no it was from way back in 2008!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    dstev55 wrote:
    Was thinking what an earth is a Garmin Edge 605? Is it a new model? Oh no it was from way back in 2008!
    And mine is stil going strong, 10 years on. No worries.
  • NWLondoner
    is someone that bored they are going though 10 year old forum posts
  • sandyballs
    sandyballs Posts: 577
    How did you find the 605?