Which fixed mods first?

wilistew
wilistew Posts: 55
edited April 2008 in Road general
Hello everyone.

I posted on here last summer for advice on getting a first fixed wheel bike. I bought an old fixie on Ebay and have loved riding it. I now want to take it a bit further.

The bike i bought was in reasonable condition, but i want to make it better. The bonus is that it has a lovely 531c light steel frame. I want to gradually replace the parts on it to make it lighter and look a bit prettier. The frame is due in for a strip and powdercoating soon.

My question is; what should i do next? I am thinking about getting some new wheels and changing the bottom bracket. I want some really light, nice looking wheels and hubs, but the bike will be used for commuting, so i need them to be strong and durable and not frightened of rain and road grime. I like the look of Phil Wood hubs as well.

Any advice appreciated.

CHeers

Wil

Comments

• meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Well....as you indicate ONE of the nice things about fixed is that once you have a frame that suits only have to agonise over....wheels, b.b and cranks! I've never had anything so exotic, but from what I've read Phil Woods are about as good as they come. And the L/F look good.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."