First Metric Century of The Year - Best Way Forward?

fto-si
fto-si Posts: 402
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
Ok, completed 101km of which the last 15 - 20k where hard work, to become more comfortable with riding this distance and being able to improve on it how should i go about it?
Is it best to keep riding this sort of distance and slowly see gains or should I drop the distance and increase the intensity to build strength and stamina?
Not sure if I should carry on struggling to complete 100k rides or chose rides of approx 50-60k and put the hammer down!
Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks
exercise.png

Comments

• John C.
    John C. Posts: 2,113
    How much time do you have? I tend to do shorter rides than my longer sportive rides but at a higher intensity.
    http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Hills are just a matter of pace
  • fto-si
    John C. wrote:
    How much time do you have? I tend to do shorter rides than my longer sportive rides but at a higher intensity.

Thanks for the reply. As far as time goes I do have quite a lot, I am lucky in that respect!
    I usually have the whole weekend, the opportunity to do a 9 mile each way commute each week day and now the evenings are getting lighter I have time there aswell. I also have a turbo available.
    exercise.png
  • John C.
    John C. Posts: 2,113
    With that much time , just go out there and enjoy, get your eating and drinking right and 100K will soon be 100 miles :lol:
    http://www.ripon-loiterers.org.uk/

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
    Hills are just a matter of pace
  • fto-si
    I am happy with my drinking and eating so as you suggest I will just get my butt in the saddle as often as possible. Cheers!
    exercise.png
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    fto-si wrote:
    Not sure if I should carry on struggling to complete 100k rides or chose rides of approx 50-60k and put the hammer down!
    Thanks

both
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly