Colnago check out the start price!

GaryGkn
GaryGkn Posts: 1,199
edited April 2008 in Road general

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,313
    It's very nice but I think he's optimistic.
  • GaryGkn
    GaryGkn Posts: 1,199
    I have one from the 80's enamel red, chrome fork, rare white seat, full Chorus 6 speed group set, original pump and it appears to have done about 50 dry miles in it's life time.

I will never ride it. So was thinking about selling but not sure of what they went for and what was the best time to sell?
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    "I will hang it on the lounge wall"

I reckon he'd better get the hooks up ready!

If he'd kicked it off at say a grand might have gone to one and a half, but 1700 start is a bit off putting I suspect.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • 4candles
    4candles Posts: 240
    £1700... piccolo / grande rear hub, but other than that nothing special is it, i think that'll end up nailed to the wall for the rest of his days...
  • meagain
    "what was the best time to sell?"

NOW before the demand for non-essentials completely evaporates in a cloud of economic hardship!
    d.j.
  • bonk man
    bonk man Posts: 1,054
    bet it isn't as good as my rusty old Mercian.... sorry guys , it's not for sale :wink:
    Club rides are for sheep
  • meagain
    C'mon, stop dithering, only 3 hours left!
    d.j.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,313
    No-one bid. Time for a reality check?
  • meagain
    I rather suspect he didn't REALLY want to sell it at all! Not uncommon: It's called making a gesture (usually to the partner). "See, I would have sold it, but I'm not going to give it away. Good as money in the bank." Only it ISN'T if no one will come up with the money...
    d.j.
  • bagpusscp
    bagpusscp Posts: 2,907
    This cost a tenner pior to a respary .Came with campag s/r stuff .Had some minor frame damage .Must finish it off.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/74418119@N00/386640085/
    bagpuss
  • meagain
    Yes, yes, Paul, but you have a secret formula for finding gold beneath dross!
    d.j.