looking for some routes in bristol

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited April 2008 in MTB rides
Does anyone know any decent cycle routes in the bristol area that I could preferably ride to? some muddy tracks would be ideal but not too muddy as I'm not sure how my hardtail would handle them. I generally start my rides on stapleton road or in the city centre.

thanks
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Not far from Stapleton road you've got Duchess Park/Snuff Mills. Just keep riding along Stapleton Rd from the Muller Road roundabout beside M32, past the school and on the mini roundabout there is a gate into Duchess Park, if you trun right at the roundabout you'll come to Snuff Mills by turning left before the bridge.
    There is Ashton Court, approx 3 miles from city centre. not sure about the access rights etc for Duchess Park though.

HTH.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    cool, thanks
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • MattW87
    MattW87 Posts: 60
    If you go away from the centre (underneath the tunnel opposite fowlers) and you go straight ahead at the lights, then continue along next to the river untill you get to the Netham lock on the river....at which point you can get onto the cycle track which can be quite muddy in the wet, this runs by the river for a good few miles, with plenty of trails in the woods to keep you amused if u wish, pm me for anymore info if you want

Matt
    2008 Cube LTD Team - http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1921374/
    2004 Dawes Tamarak DX