Frame Sizes for Focus Cayo

techase
techase Posts: 15
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
All the internet calculators say I should have a 55cm frame. However Focus Cayo only comes in 54cm or 56cm and is mail order only from Wiggle. Should I go slightly bigger or slighly smaller or should I not care as it is only 1cm? i currently have a Giant SCR2.0 which is 55.5cm and I think is slightly big.

My height is 180cm and my inner leg is 83cm. I am slightly long bodied.

I guess this is a bit of an dumb question, but I am not very good at making my mind up at the best of times, let alone when spending £1400!! It took me a week to decide to get the compact over the standard chainset and 3 months to choose the bike (I keep looking at the Ribble thinking that looks nice so I need to purchase this before I change my mind again or the price goes up (monday))

Cheers

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    54cm, slightly small is better than slightly big
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • huwy
    huwy Posts: 91
    be quick think teh prices go up tomorrow
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Have just checked out the price increase that has been applied on the Cayo and they have only passed on £100 of the £200 that they hinted at by upping the list price by £200. A bit of clever way of marketing a price increase :shock:
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    doyler78 wrote:
    Have just checked out the price increase that has been applied on the Cayo and they have only passed on £100 of the £200 that they hinted at by upping the list price by £200. A bit of clever way of marketing a price increase :shock:

They've gone up, but now they actually get money off bikes if you are a "Platinum" Customer!
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    doyler78 wrote:

They've gone up, but now they actually get money off bikes if you are a "Platinum" Customer!

Umm - that's interesting. As a gold customer I get 5% off which equates to £100 therefore no discount would be applied for me however platinum customers may do depending on whether Focus Bikes are one of the "most bikes" that allow discounts. Can't verify that myself. Only thing I will say is that I have never noticed any gold discount price showing before the list price was increased therefore it suggests it isn't included amongst qualifying bikes.