Camping along the east coast

hisoka
hisoka Posts: 541
edited June 2008 in Tour & expedition
Hi all.
In a couple of months I plan to do a camping trip (tent and cycling between the points), mostly along the English east coast starting from Brighton, hoping to stop somewhere near Grays then Ipswich, Great Yarmouth and then coming back to old Nottingham via King's Lynn. I don't want to over do each day so looking about 60ish miles really.
I don't have any places set in stone for the trip other then I really MUST go and have my rest day in Great Yarmouth and have to start from Brighton and end in Nottingham
What I am really asking is anyone have any campsite suggestions that might be good along that kind of route? I was going to start mapping it out soon but I thought if there were people on here who had good ideas then I would always be grateful to find out.
Thanks all.
"This area left purposefully blank"
Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)

Comments

• jkbs1
    jkbs1 Posts: 23
    Few campsites in North Kent and South Essex, probably best to stop in central/north Kent then head for Maldon area of Essex.
  • I have recently completed Sustrans NCN1, camping every night. If you want me to send you my campsite list that would be no problem. I located my sites from the Camping and Caravanning Club web site, most we very basic but sometimes better for it as they were very quiet. Although I did not use it this time, I have previously used the Camping and Caravanning site at Sandringham and can highly recommend it.
  • hisoka
    hisoka Posts: 541
    That would be excellent if you would Cidermartin. I would like to know that, also I was thinking of NCN11, just got to check it out but I've been lax in finding out the route it takes.
    "This area left purposefully blank"
    Sign hung on my head everyday till noon.

FCN: 11 (apparently)
  • You have PM
  • soltydog
    soltydog Posts: 47
    Don't know if this reply is a bit late, but if you are planning a stop over around Hornsea, east Yorkshire, we have a small paddock near the cliff top, just outside hornsea. No facilities on the paddock, but just over the fence there is a car park & public toilet block :wink:
    Drop us a line if you want to use it, free of course :lol: