Any one in Surrey know any good routes near my location

Dougizzle
Dougizzle Posts: 133
edited April 2008 in MTB rides
Hey i Live in Camberly ( surrey ) and i am looking for any routes in guildford, woking, basingstoke and places round about this area. Any suggestions?
Do it if you dare
Leaping from the sky
Hurling through the air
Exhilarating high
See the earth below
Soon to make a crater

Comments

• gregsd
    gregsd Posts: 328
    You should check the Tunnel Hill Trolls. They ride around the Frimley/Camberley area and further afield. Friendly bunch as well!
  • Dougizzle
    Thanks, I will check them out.
    Do it if you dare
    Leaping from the sky
    Hurling through the air
    Exhilarating high
    See the earth below
    Soon to make a crater
  • pittpony
    pittpony Posts: 1,057
    Leith Hill, Box Hill - there is some great riding in your part of the world 8)
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    As above - there's good stuff around Leith Hill, Pitch Hill, Holmbury Hill. Nirvana cycles in Westcott do a mapped route called the "Nirvana Killer Loop" approx 38k of bridleways etc that is a great starting point to get to know the area.
  • Dougizzle
    Thanks, now i just have to get my new bike to do some good rides.
    Do it if you dare
    Leaping from the sky
    Hurling through the air
    Exhilarating high
    See the earth below
    Soon to make a crater
  • gregsd
    I suppose I should have mentioned that there are some PDF maps on the club website that I ride with VCGH. Most of them start in Godalming, which isn't too far from you. More than welcome to join us on a Sunday club ride as well.
  • My favourite rides near here are box hill, ranmore common, headley etc. Lovely!
    -James
  • JasonRwmb
    JasonRwmb Posts: 268
    As Greg suggests check out our web page www.tunnelhilltrolls.co.uk as there is loads of good riding right on your doorstep. We mainly ride on the local MOD land which is covered in hidden singletrack.

We have a regular Tuesday night ride, a slow steady Wednesday ride and a slightly faster Thursday night ride, plus people riding most weekends too. The first Tuedays of the month is our 'Super Tuesday' ride which is extra slow. If you don't have lights somebody will have a spare set you can borrow to find out if it is for you. Within the group there is a real mix of speed and abilities.
  • chronyx
    chronyx Posts: 455
    Your group sounds ideal. I just have to buy a decent MTB now :lol:
    2007 Giant SCR2 - 'BFG'

Gone but not forgotten!:
    2005 Specialized Hardrock Sport - 'Red Rocket'
  • JasonRwmb
    JasonRwmb Posts: 268
    Have a look at the THT forum here : http://tunnelhilltrolls.get-forum.net/index.htm

As the normal link isn't working at the moment :roll:
  • stu-flo
    stu-flo Posts: 1
    have you tried swinley forest, its right on your doorstep, just take the road to bracknell, and its opposite coral reef, loads of trails for all abilities, reasonable jump gully if thats what your into.
  • Dougizzle
    stu-flo wrote:
    have you tried swinley forest, its right on your doorstep, just take the road to bracknell, and its opposite coral reef, loads of trails for all abilities, reasonable jump gully if thats what your into.

Is that also known as the lookout?
    Do it if you dare
    Leaping from the sky
    Hurling through the air
    Exhilarating high
    See the earth below
    Soon to make a crater
  • huwy
    huwy Posts: 91
    Wow so many clubs around think we have bumped into the godalming boys at the top of gibbet hill in Hindhead....

www.liphookcrankers.co.uk
  • gregsd
    Huwy, probably seen us at the cafe as well!! Doing a VCGH ride this weekend that goes via the PunchBowl so if you're out then you may well see us. I'm up that way most weekends as well, so if you see an a guy struggle on a black Orange P7, say hello!

Greg.