15miles and then!

jenster88
jenster88 Posts: 27
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
Just been picked up by the misses 15miles from home, Why? you ask.
Well got home early from work(for a change) the sun was shining, so out I ventured with plans of a quick 30miler and back in time before sunset. The first 12m was head on to the wind but still managed to keep up a good speed, then put in a long-hard climb and stoped to reward myself a drink at the top. the next 3m was was pretty flat and I got a good speed going,
Then SNAP! What the F**k was that I thought,pulled over and found that by bike of only 3wks has now got a crack in the front forks(lhs at the top)
Tears in my eyes,I rang the misses to come to my rescue.
The main point of my post is that (1) is this normal in carbon forks? (2) would in be covered under warrenty?
Did'nt hit any pot holes that I can remember, So is it poss that its a manufacturing fault?

Comments

• velocitizen
    velocitizen Posts: 327
    What bike is it? Where was it bought from? I would have thought it should be replaced, as it's not fit for purpose.
    BeestonCC Sportive
    Sunday 24th June 2012
    Enjoy the finest cycling in the Peak District.
    47, 75 and 111 mile routes.
    http://www.beestonccsportive.co.uk/
  • jenster88
    My bike is a Cube Agree and it's was brought from Chain reaction.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    (1) is this normal in carbon forks?

No!!!! Especially not 3-week-old ones without a crash or anything like that being involved.
    (2) would in be covered under warrenty?

Without a doubt I would have thought, assuming you haven't done anything unusual to the bike. Presumably either a manufacturing fault or damage sustained in transport/delivery? Get CR to send a courier round to pick it up!
  • jenster88
    Would they want the whole bike? or can the forks just be sent back and replaced.
    My bike is 2007 model and CR are now out of stock.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    Best phone them up and ask. I'd have thought that with a new bike they'd want the whole thing back if there is a serious fault like that. Besides, even if they are just replacing the forks they should do the work for you. Maybe if the bike is a previous model and out of stock you could negotiate and get them to send you a better fork as a replacement, if you are prepared to fit it? :wink: Probably won't work but worth a go...