Godalming VC/Charlotteville/Farnham

JWSurrey
JWSurrey Posts: 1,173
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
I've recently been toying with joining Kingston Wheelers, but it's a bit of a schlep to get up there from Guildford.
I'm not in to racing, but would be interested in club rides and sportives, and poss. a bit of winter MTB riding.

Anyone any experience of Charlotteville and Godalming VC?
Charlotteville looked a bit full-on, and they weren't a very friendly bunch when I last passed them.
What's Farnham's road club like?

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    JW - just seen your post whilst searching for something else. I know a few people from Farnham RC - they seem to be mainly focussed on timetrials in my experience. Charlotteville are quite a big club, taking part in all kinds of events - depends what kind of riding you're looking for.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Mike59
    Mike59 Posts: 1,170
    Not a member, but on the VC Godalming mailing list. Very friendly bunch as far as I can see, and from reports of others.
  • JWSurrey
    JWSurrey Posts: 1,173
    Thanks chaps.
    I ventured out with VC Godalming a couple of weeks ago on their easy/beginner social ride and enjoyed it so much I joined up after extending this Saturday's social ride.
    They're a nice club, have a good website, monthly social, and MTB option.
    21 years since my last club ride!

I might venture out with Charlotteville if one of their beginner rides fits in with my schedule, just to compare and contrast, though their last email was bascially of a "you can ride with us until we drop you" flavour, which pretty much sums up why it's taken 21 years to join another club!... although TBH I'd rather be dropped than hang off the back for a couple of hours.

Not sure I'm up to TTing just yet.. Thanks for the "heads up" on that one.