Ok lets try again

Mithra
Mithra Posts: 64
edited April 2008 in MTB beginners
Ok, well every bike I look at seems to be at end of run with no more coming in, so I've started looking again :P Does anyone know what the GT Palomar 08 is like? And does it have mounts for disc brakes on the frame? :D

Or of course, if anyone knows whether giant are gonna be releasing another form of the mountain boulder trail, that would be great too :wink:

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Good frame, but as a package, the boulder is better. Quite a lot better!
  • Mithra
    lol, ok thanks :) is that even the basic boulder thats better?

edit: Although I'm having to stop myself stretching to a specialized hardrock, is there a noticeable difference between the boulder and that?
  • Papa Smurf
    Papa Smurf Posts: 776
    Wouldn't know about the difference, but the hardrock is an awesome bike! Very well made and from a good make.
    Oh and there is these too:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Giant-Boulder-Mou ... dZViewItem
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIANT-Boulder-24- ... dZViewItem
    Those 2 both has disk brake mounts. This one I'm not so sure about, plus it looks abit sissy like:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIANT-BOULDER-DUO ... dZViewItem
  • Papa Smurf
    Lots of good priced HardRocks for sale too on ebay though....
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Depends which hardrock - tend to be noticably heavier than the opposition.
  • Mithra
    Yeah, I've been looking on ebay a fair amount, problem is I'm 17 and haven't passed my driving test yet, so can't really go anywhere to pick anything up :? .
  • milkywhite
    milkywhite Posts: 534
    Mithra wrote:
    Yeah, I've been looking on ebay a fair amount, problem is I'm 17 and haven't passed my driving test yet, so can't really go anywhere to pick anything up :? .

That's what friends are for my good man!
  • Mithra
    milkywhite wrote:
    Mithra wrote:

lol, yeah unfortuantely none of them can drive either, so its train or nothing :D (which is ridiculously expensive, but I suppose its an option for somewhere reasonably close :?)
  • Papa Smurf
    Mithra wrote:
    milkywhite wrote:
    Mithra wrote:

lol, yeah unfortuantely none of them can drive either, so its train or nothing :D (which is ridiculously expensive, but I suppose its an option for somewhere reasonably close :?)

Dude, I can't drive either and brought my HardRock Sport when I was abotu 17, I still go everywhere on it as it's just so lovely to ride! Up to 7-12 miles each way if need be, and I can generally get around faster than I would by train.
    Get yourself a Hydrapak Flume or something, you'd be surprised how usefull it is, but for lots of things, get something like a Hydrapak Big Sur for about £35 on ebay, it's got endless amounts of room in that.
    Once you learn what you can carry and how easy it is to get around, you'll realise that a bike is better than a car, not to mention so much cheaper.
  • Mithra
    hehe, thanks for the advice :P My bike has been broken for so long, but I always used to cycle everywhere, and that is one reason that I'm getting a new one. Good idea about tha bag though, I've always used my paper bag, which isnt exactly practical for a long distance :)
  • Papa Smurf
    Check this out:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hydrapak-Big-Sur- ... otohosting
    I actually have one of these and it has special compartments for just about anything, well made and good use of practicality. This is the sort of thing you could travel round the world with... If you so wanted to anyway.. :lol:
  • Mithra
    cheers, looks pretty good :D
    I've been needing a good backpack for travelling anyway, so looks like a good thing for that too :)