whats wrong wi me?

bozley
bozley Posts: 10
edited April 2008 in The Crudcatcher
This is my first post so go easy on me, but i want to ask a question regarding my bike.

Its an Claude Butler Cape Wrath, hard tail wi Rock Shox Judy forks and shimano Deore gear system.
Nothing too fancy but it cost a weeks wage.
The old bird rattles along nicely, and does me proud.

The question i have is no matter where i look i can never see any mention of Claude Butler bikes either being reviewed / demo`d or even for sale in any of the adverts and listings.

Do i have the Leper of the Mountain bike world?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    They still get reviewed form time to time: don't have the greatest range. The Cape Wrath has had some excellent reviews.
  • bozley
    its a cracker like,
    could do with upgrading some of the kit on it and it takes a little bit of maintenance to keep it right from time to time.

The funny looks i get when I'm out must be my looks and not the huck I'm riding then eh?
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    Maybe its the way you ride it?
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Bikedevil
    Bikedevil Posts: 1,156
    bozley wrote:

The funny looks i get when I'm out must be my looks and not the huck I'm riding then eh?

They are great beginner/entry bikes, I know a fair few people who have them.

Ignore the looks, they're probably gutted that you're doing stuff they'd poo poo themselves trying and on a (fairly) cheap bike.

Imagine the looks I got flying down The Kona Darkside & Glentress black run on a Barracuda I'd paid £50 for.

Its how you ride, not what you ride
    Brought to you by:
    Trix©orp Industries

For everything & anything pointless
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    bozley wrote:
    The question i have is no matter where i look i can never see any mention of Claude Butler bikes either being reviewed

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... 7-07-14054

:D
  • bozley
    cheers for the cuddle
    i knew it was canny ride but i cant expect other people to get excited by a 500 pound bike.

As for the How i ride it comment, imagine an hairy arsed orangutan tearing down a trail and you get the picture!

so maybe your right