2nd Hand Bike Prices

huggy
huggy Posts: 242
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
Well, the cheapest I've seen it new is £450, and I imagine you bought it for around £550, so I would say £300 - £400

Comments

• meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    Huggy's guestimate looks about right to me - 375 tops I'd say. A trawl through completed ebay listings is a pretty good guide for popular brands/models/types, but need to take account of location and whether or not sellers prepared to post.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."
  • I bought mine for £475 & sold it on to a friend in November for £220. It was immaculate. I sold it because I found it to be too small otherwise I would have kept it. He got a good deal. Looking on ebay to try to find a costing, there were a couple at £260 & one at £290, but were the wrong size as I was looking to buy the next size up, but nobody anywhere had them. The SCR2 2007 is an excellent bike. Keep it if you can. I upgraded to an SCR C4. That IS a good bike!
  • huggy
    Remember that already 2008 SCR 2.0 prices are dropping - I haggled and got mine for £480.
  • bigjim
    bigjim Posts: 780
    seen them go 'as new' on e-bay for £250.

jim
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Work on getting approx half what you paid for it, and you won't be far off.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Stanley222 wrote:
    Hi All!

If you want to buy a 2nd hand car or motorbike there is plenty of info available on what to look for and how much to spend available on the internet and in newsagents - what about cycles?!!!

I have an immaculate 2007 Giant SCR 2.0 but have no idea how much I should ask for it as I am about to buy a new toy through the cycle scheme!!!

Any ideas what is a good price for it please?!

Thanks in advance :wink:
    As your likely to loose 50% why not keep it as a hack bike for winter?
    I still have my original raleigh road ace from 1981. Well I sold off all the bits, mostly to yanks who like old stuff ( you won't believe the price I got for some of it lol) and put 105 gs on it, it is now my turbo bike.
    I then bought 2 second hand bikes, one for winter and one full carbon for summer.
    Now I just bought ne Prince but will keep the others. The Prince is going on my bedroom wall and not being ridden :D
    Personally I would not sell a whole bike second hand, I would strip it down and sell the bits :D
  • huggy
    If it does sell, please tell us how much, I'd be interested.
  • milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    I only paid £490 for a brand new 2007 SCR 1.0.