Nutrition and RDA

jonesey10
jonesey10 Posts: 239
edited April 2008 in Campaign
There seems to be a lot of discussion recently about nutrition and what foods to eat. Don't eat fish and do eat fish and don't drink coffee and do drink coffee so I thought i'd try and eat and drink for a week (maybe more) on exactly what the experts recommend I eat.
I've searched for ages now but can't seem to find any daily menus to help.
I want someone to spell it out for me, what to eat for breakfast dinner and tea.
I don't eat red meat, apart from that I eat most things.
Can anyone help and does anybody eat exactly what they should every day?

Comments

• nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    You have set yourself an impossible challenge.

No 2 "experts" are ever going to agree, you could try different diets on different weeks, and probably do more damage than good.

I doubt anyone will ever find the exact diet that results in the least amount of damage to the body. Even Oxygen is slowly killing you.

One interesting thing though:
    There is a system that involves rating foods on how long until you want to eat again.
    Taking White Bread as the index 1, wholemeal bread turned out to last twice as long as white bread, and brown bread somewhere in the middle.
    I changed to eating wholemeal toast in the mornings instead of white after reading that, amazingly it worked, twice the amount of time later I started thinking about food again. 2 minutes instead of 1.

I reckon I could get my RDA of the 5 things listed on the front of food packets (Energy, Sugar, Fat, Saturates and Salt) to 100% by carefully proportioning a daily intake of junk food.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • meagain
    meagain Posts: 2,331
    "apart from that I eat most things."

That sounds about right! Though I'd add in the red meat.
    d.j.
    "Cancel my subscription to the resurrection."