Condor cycles, Ribble, Kona, Doaln, ETC

ma123
ma123 Posts: 87
edited April 2008 in Road beginners
Hi Im thinking of purchasing a new bike within the next few months and ive been looking at my options online, can anyone tell me the difference except the price between the following: Condor cycles, Ribble, Kona, Doaln, ETC all using the same frames made by Dedacciai of Italy, only Ribble seem to have a bad reputation and why when other companys use the same frames and equipment?

Bike shops always seem to favour Trek and Im sure there good bikes but you pay alot of money for low spec bikes.

At the minute im going towards the Focus bikes at wiggle they look really good.

Comments

• sicrow
    sicrow Posts: 791
    I too spent lots of time looking around for first decent road bike and in the end as I am not going to race I bought a spesh roubaix as it rode well and they have reduced the price to get in around the £1000 ish competitive price area. I looked at Ribble and Dolan and both were helpful but they couldn't offer a trial ride on the bikes.

The stuff about ribble is in the past I believe they seem to have got their act together by all reports. Re the focus it has a good spec but the geometry is designed for racing I was told and the gap in height between bars and seat is big for me I would have had a bad back after 50 miles so for the sunday runs and sportives I chose mine due to the longer head tube

Glad I did as its fab !!!!